Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Dell juices Latitude line with Haswell Ultrabook, skinny lappies – August 28, 2013
Creating a “mixed product environment” which offers different machines for the diverse needs of workers, Dell has launched a new line-up of Latitude Ultrabooks and laptops for business, powered by Intel’s fourth generation Haswell processors.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Clear Creek Independent School District
Clear Creek ISD uses bond funds to buy computer tablets for students – August 20, 2013
As the school year begins, a priority for educators is how to personalize learning to advance student achievement. In the belief that learning can take place anywhere, anytime, Clear Creek Independent School District in Texas is delivering a program that will put Dell Latitude 10 tablets into the hands of its students to ensure they are career, or college-ready.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Dell’s S6000 Switch Supports VMware’s New NSX Technology – August 26, 2013
Featuring a fixed form factor design, the Dell S6000 doubles the density and throughput while consuming up to 50 percent less power than previous generation top-of-rack switches.
This Solar Dryer Is Helping Put Food On The Table In India – August 23, 2013
Dell Social Innovation Challenge winners Vaibhav Tidke and Shital Somani are changing the world and to helping prevent food wastage with their low-cost solar device that can enable farmers to store up to three tons of food per year
BYOD: It's What Doctors Want – August 21, 2013
In order to satisfy physicians’ BYOD demands without sacrificing data security, Louisiana’s Green Clinic Health System uses Dell Software's endpoint systems management solutions.
Dell partners going deeper; new software competencies coming – August 22, 2013
Dell’s software acquisitions have given it a lot more technology and product in the security space, including identity and access management, and other more traditional security products.
Q2 Server Data: HP, IBM Take Big Hits As Dell Surges – August 28, 2013
Dell has surged in the second quarter, thanks to a focus on the right server market opportunities. According to analyst firms Gartner and IDC, Dell's share of global server revenue jumped more than 10 percent compared to the same period last year, bucking the industry trend and strengthening Dell’s leadership position.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (August 24 – August 30)
- Begin your end-to-end virtualization journey with Dell Storage at VMworld
- Savvy and Stunning New Latitude Line-up: Now Commercial Customers can have it All
- Making Dell.com easier: Thanks to you.
- Empowering the mobile workforce together: New solutions, training, and incentives for Dell and VMware partners
- Why Implementation is the Key to Unlocking the Potential to any Great Idea
Press Release(s) (August 24 – August 30)
- Dell Delivers Innovative Cloud and Virtualization Solutions Blending VMware Technology with Dell End-to-End Offerings
- Dell Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2013 Magic Quadrant for Unified Threat Management
- Savvy and Stunning: New Dell Latitude Ultrabooks and Laptops Offer World’s Best Security and Manageability Combined with Seductive Design
- Dell Furthers Commitment to Asia with Transformative Technology Solutions From the Data Center to the End Device
- New Dell Monitors Bring Touch Experience Within Reach