Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Talking Your Tech: Linkin Park and Windows 8 – Oct 15, 2013
To help produce the music video for its latest single “A Light That Never Comes,” multi-platinum band Linkin Park and its video production partner Ghost Town Media moved from non-PC hardware to Dell Precision workstations, allowing them to render 3D scenes “in seconds instead of hours.”
Texas Tech University
Texas Tech Gives an 'A' to Its SAN
The learning experience has been enhanced for more than 48,000 students, professors and staff at Texas Tech University with a data center modernization using Dell storage and server enterprise solutions.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Check Out the Top 100 Beloved Brands– Oct 10, 2013
With its focus squarely on customers, Dell is ranked No. 15 on the list of the world’s most beloved brands, based on a survey of 70,000 consumers in 15 international markets.
Silver Screen and LEDs Join at Last – Oct 9, 2013
Praised for its bright picture, true colors, and ability to transfer one gigabyte of data, the Dell M115 mobile projector is hailed as one of the best in the business.
A question of trust: For companies doing business across borders, the politics of globalisation can be a serious obstacle – Oct 12, 2013
The importance of collaborating with trusted, local partners who understand customer preferences and industry standards in their own region is a vital part of delivering cloud computing internationally, according to Nnamdi Orakwue, vice president of Software Strategy, Cloud & Operations, Dell.
Blackhole Exploit Services Shut Down After Reported Arrest of Creators – Oct 14, 2013
Exploit kits are software platforms enabling cyber-criminals to install malware and infect victims’ IT systems. Jeff Williams, director of security strategy for Dell Secureworks, has shared his perspective on the shutdown of the update-service for Blackhole, one of the most popular exploit kits.
Dell Software Upgrades Spotlight Family – Oct 16, 2013
With data growth and complexity driving the need for better management of leading databases, Dell Software has unveiled updates to its Spotlight family of SQL Server monitoring products.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Oct 12 – Oct 18)
- Go Behind the Scenes with Linkin Park and Dell Precision
- Dell – Tech of Choice for ACL Music Fest
- Dell World 2013 welcomes Elon Musk
- Accelerate Mobile Worker Productivity: Dell SonicWALL Mobile Connect Now Available for Windows 8.1 Mobile Devices & Dell Venue
- 5 Ways to Save on Networking in the Virtual Era
Press Release(s) (Oct 12 – Oct 18)
- Dell Software Demonstrates Commitment to Leading SQL Server Market with Upgrades to Spotlight Family of Solutions
- Dell Releases Ambitious Plan for Corporate Responsibility Goals through 2020; Will Drive Collaboration to Develop Industry Assessment for “Ripple Effect” of IT on the Planet and Society
- Dell Rocks Accelerated 3D Workflow for Production of New Linkin Park Video, “A Light That Never Comes”
- Colleges and Universities Choose Dell to Personalize Learning and Power Academic, Administrative and Research Innovation
- Dell Software Extends Mobile Workspace Security and IT Operational Agility with New Mobility Offerings
- Dell Conducts 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders