If you’re interested in healthcare IT, the Health Information Management Systems Society’s (HIMSS) annual conference and exhibition is the biggest event of the year. The conference offers a week of immersion amongst thousands of healthcare and technology visionaries, who come together to showcase exciting new products and ponder this dual industry’s most pressing issues.
I’m proud to say that we at Dell play a leading role in this space, enabling stronger clinical and business performance for healthcare organizations through technology, so they can deliver a higher standard of care to their patients. We’re especially excited about our major presence at this year’s HIMSS annual conference, held the week of February 29 in Las Vegas, and we invite you to visit with us. Here’s a run-down of where you’ll find Dell at this year’s event.
Opening Keynote Address
Our own Michael Dell will kick-off the conference with the opening keynote address on Monday, February 29 at 5:00 p.m. We are also pleased to have Mark Barner, Senior Vice President and CIO for Ascension and CEO, Ascension Information Services, who will moderate the keynote.
Educational Customer Sessions
- Predicting Inpatient Census with Viral Surveillance Data: March 2, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Hear the University of Iowa Hospital’s John W. Cromwell, MD, and Dell’s Dr. Thomas Hill, explain how the hospital uses real-time predictive analytics to help reduce ***-related infections. Learn more.
- Real-Time Data, Predictive Analytics Can Reduce Infections:March 3, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Nephi Walton, MD, of the Washington University St. Louis Medical School, along with Dell’s Dr. Gary Miner, will discuss the many benefits of predicting inpatient census with analytics tools. Learn more.
Meet up at the Tweet Up!
You can join the HIMSS conversation by following Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences on Twitter @DellHealth and including #HIMSS16 in your tweets.
And for a more personal experience, join us and other #HealthIT social influencers for a Tweet Up – an informal, interactive session where Twitter users can meet in-person and extend their conversations. At this year’s Dell booth (#4416), we have two Tweet Up sessions covering two trending topics in healthcare IT:
- March 1, 2:00-3:00 p.m. Can the right data at the right place and right time make a difference? Hosted by Mandi Bishop, Health Plan Analytics Innovation practice lead at Dell (@MandiBPro), and featuring Dr. Joseph Kim (@DrJosephKim), president of MCM Education, a provider of innovative healthcare educational solutions. We’ll discuss some of the opportunities and challenges presented by big data, mobility, cloud, and analytics, in moving toward the digital healthcare organization of the future. Register today.
- March 2, 10:00-11:00 a.m. Can patient engagement challenge precision medicine? Hosted by Dr. Nick van Terheyden, chief medical officer, Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences (@drnic1). Also featuring Dr. Joseph Kim (@DrJosephKim), president of MCM Education. We’ll talk about some of the key challenges in making precision medicine a reality, and how to engage patients in this complex science without overwhelming them. Register today.
All Week Long at the Dell Booth (#4416)
As always, Dell’s booth will be a must-stop destination on any conference-goer’s agenda. We’ll have hands-on demonstrations of how our latest IT solutions enable tomorrow’s healthcare advancements, such as precision medicine, secure mobile access, predictive analytics, cloud imaging and much more. And of course, our healthcare thought leaders and subject matter experts are always on-hand to answer questions and exchange ideas.
Help us Give Back with Brooke’s Blossoms
Beyond our technology showcase, we’re again using our booth to bring smiles to kids who are fighting for survival. Join us throughout the week as we assemble decorative headbands for children battling cancer, a project for Brooke’s Blossoming Hope for Childhood Cancer Foundation.
Visit Dell’s HIMSS event page for more details about our activities during HIMSS week, and see the official HIMSS program guide for complete information.