Drawing on the power of machine learning, predictive analytics and the Apache Hadoop platform, Epsilon helps some of the world’s top brands get the right message to the right person at the right time.
Although you probably don’t realize it when you are interacting with some of the world’s most admired brands, their communications are often coming to you through a company called Epsilon.
As a Dell EMC case study explains, Epsilon is the digital powerhouse behind the marketing and loyalty programs of many Fortune 500 companies, including American Express, FedEx and Walgreens, to name just a few. Epsilon works with 15 of the top 20 global brands and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 500 companies. If you stay at Marriott hotels, eat at Cracker Barrel restaurants or buy your office supplies at Staples, you may have interacted with Epsilon.
In the course of its work, this global firm uses thousands of data points to customize individual messages for recipients, delivering content that gets maximum results. Everything Epsilon does is centered around data and the quest to get the right message to the right person at the right time.
To accomplish this mission, Epsilon makes use of a wide range of technologies and solutions for artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive analytics that are incorporated in the company’s Agility Harmony™ multichannel messaging platform, which runs on Dell EMC PowerEdge R740xd servers.
Agility Harmony uses workloads such as Hadoop to apply AI and machine learning to its marketing processes and securely deliver personalized content. With this agile platform, Epsilon’s employees can adjust messages in real-time based on a user’s preferences or history; quickly changing images or copy to personalize an email or text message. This level of customization leads to better engagement, better conversions and ultimately better results.
Now let’s consider the scale at which Epsilon operates. It’s mind-boggling: Epsilon processes billions of personalized email messages each week, drawing on the power of AI, big data and a Hadoop data processing environment.
And of course, the world is taking note of this amazing company. Epsilon was recently named a Leader in the July 2019 report “The Forrester Wave™: Loyalty Service Providers, Q3 2019” by Forrester Research, Inc. This recognition is in addition to Epsilon being named a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Loyalty Technology Platforms, Q2 2019” for the company’s Agility Loyalty® solution. Only Epsilon is a leader in both evaluations.
To learn more
- For a closer look at how Epsilon gets the message out, read the Dell EMC case study Global Marketing Company Fuels Growth with AI.
- To learn more about the power of predictive analytics and AI, read the new Dell EMC eBook exploring these topics.
- For a look at innovative solutions for powering your AI applications, explore the growing portfolio of AI solutions at dellemc.com/ai.
- Join the conversation on Twitter @DellEMCServers.
1. Epsilon, “Some of the Savvy Marketers that Rely on Us,” accessed August 25, 2019.
2. Epsilon news release, “Epsilon Named a Leader for Loyalty Services; Only Provider Also Recognized as a Leader in Loyalty Technology by Independent Research Firm,” July 15, 2019.