Microservers are a class of scaled-out systems that Dell’s Data Center Solutions group has been designing for customers for the last several years. These ultra-dense systems are made up of up to twelve discrete servers within one enclosure and are perfect for dedicated web hosting and telco customers.
With a little help from our friends
Take a listen to Intel’s director of cloud marketing, Raejeanne Skillern as she talks about how Intel’s been involved in this space and how the two companies have worked together in the microserver space in the past and what we may have up our sleeves.
Some of the ground Raejeanne covers
- How, over the last few years, Intel has been investigating customer requirements in this space and investing in technology.
- Working on delivering standards
- How Dell and Intel have worked together
- Keep your eyes peeled for something coming in the PowerEdge C space
- Facebook Nixes Virtualization, Eyes Intel Microservers — PC World
- Chip Shot: Intel Outlines Low-Power Micro Server Strategy – Intel Newsroom
- And on the other end of the spectrum — Microservers – Barton’s blog
- Dell server solutions – Dell Enterprise Solutions
Pau for now…