We’re very excited today to host our fifth Customer Advisory Panel event tomorrow in Toronto. The CAP Days program has expanded outside the US to a global audience with events in China and Germany and now Canada. The program brings together social media savvy current and past customers, industry leaders and Dell executives for candid conversations around all areas of our business ranging from product quality to service and support to sustainability practices and marketing efforts. Our moderator today will be Mark Evans (@markevans), founder of Canada’s leading digital conference, mesh, and principal with ME Consulting.
Below is the full agenda for today (all times below are EST):
- 9:30a.m. – 10:30a.m. – Opening Session: Welcome, Introductions & Expectations (Dell Panelists: Phil Bryant and David Miketinac)
- 10:30a.m. – 11:30a.m. – Customer Support Discussion (Dell Panelists: Jason Duty @JasonDatDell and David Bohl)
- 11:30a.m. – 11:45a.m. – Break
- 11:45a.m. – 12:30p.m. – Product Purchase Discussion (Dell Panelist: Brad Penner)
- 12:30p.m. – 2:00p.m. – Lunch and video story recording
- 2:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. – Product discussion (Dell Panelist: Anne Camden – @AnneatDell)
- 3:00p.m. – 3:45p.m. – Sustainability and Recycling Discussion (Dell Panelist: Rebecca Wellum)
- 3:45p.m. – 4:00p.m. – Break
- 4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. – Social Media Discussion, closing thoughts and next steps (All Dell Panelists)
My colleague Phil Bryant will post a blog here of all the highlights from our conversations. Let me know if you have any questions via the comments below.