Last month, my team had the pleasure of visiting the offices of NAB Solutions, a hosting company headquartered in Sweden. NAB Solutions is a SaaS supplier to businesses across the country. The company specialises in hosted services for a range of Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV business software, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and the Microsoft Office suite.
One of the biggest challenges for companies offering cloud computing solutions is to ensure they have an efficient platform to deliver their SaaS service. For NAB Solutions, their main cloud computing environment had come to the end of its life cycle and needed a platform to support the latest Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technology, including servers and storage arrays to underpin this advanced infrastructure. It wanted a solution that:
- Reduced energy consumption for greener IT
- Reduced operational costs through simplified management
- Consolidated the existing environment to free space for future growth
For Jörg Wiesemann, Project Manager and Infrastructure-Specialist at NAB Solutions, the deployment of Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V provides a highly flexible IT environment that allows them to respond quickly to client needs and deliver enterprise-class disaster recovery. The storage environment was implemented in just a couple of hours and has Dell support on hand to maximize IT performance for the future.
Additional improvements NAB Solutions is already seeing include:
- Consolidated environment reduces servers by almost 87 percent
- Energy-efficient hardware halves power consumption
- Virtualized infrastructure increases business agility and disaster recovery
For more on the technology used by NAB Solutions, read the full case study.