NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE ENTRY NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A UNITED STATES RESIDENT.
1. To enter the World Environment Day Contest you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) and 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Dell Inc. or any partner listed on Mother Nature Network.com and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and individuals providing services to Dell or any partner listed on Mother Nature Network.com through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency and suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsored by Dell Marketing U.S.A., L.P. One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682
3. Timing: The Contest begins on June 4, 2009 at 8:00am U.S. Central Time and ends on June 22nd (see comment below) at Midnight U.S. Central time (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to enter: During the Promotion Period , entrants must upload a photo through Twitpic.com using the reply @Dell_WED handle, depicting what that entrant has done to help the environment. All photos will be subject to use by Dell and any other third party outlet. Use of any automated system to enter or retweet is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5. Potential winner will be narrowed down to the top five tweets based on the largest number of retweets. From those five finalists the winner will be chosen by the Dell team Friday, June 22 2009. The winner from the five finalists will be chosen at random by Dell representatives. The potential winner will be contacted via Twitter and required to provide an email address and phone number. The potential winner will then be notified by e-mail or by phone on or about Monday, June 22, 2009. The potential winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and return it to Dell within fourteen (14) days of receipt. Failure to do so within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such Affidavit and Release will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Once completed, the Affidavit and Release can be mailed to Michelle Mosmeyer, Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P., One Dell Way, RR1-45, Round Rock, Texas 78682or a copy can be faxed to 512-283-2418, Attn: Michelle Mosmeyer. Once eligibility has been verified and Dell receives the final completed Affidavit and Release.
6. One (1) potential winner will be awarded $1,000 donated on their behalf by Dell towards the Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) of their choice. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted. Dell reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The NGO will be responsible for any applicable taxes associated with acceptance of the donation.
7. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), voice and/or photograph for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. By registering to enter the Contest, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules.
8. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal law, and should an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware failure or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; 95) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that the entry Period has not ended. If the Contest is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prizes claims.
10. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. By entering you are opting to receive Dell marketing communications, but can opt out at any time. See www.dell.com/privacy or a Dell representative at the booth for more information.
12. To obtain a list of the names of the Contest winners, send a written request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by Tuesday, June 30, 2009, to Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P., One Dell Way, RR1-45, Round Rock, Texas 78682, Attention: Michelle Mosmeyer.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Ends: 06/22/09. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit this page. Void where prohibited.