The healthcare industry has been accelerating digital transformations in response to changing care delivery needs brought about by the pandemic. Deploying new technology has enabled hospitals and care facilities to develop new care models to meet the needs of patients and clinical teams. We are continuing to see increases in telehealth, wearable devices and patient interactions with their medical records.
What does this all mean? It means healthcare is facing a data explosion. In examining the data, we see a 7x anticipated growth in telehealth1 with healthcare data forecast to reach 10ZB by 2025.2 The healthcare industry is facing a major data boom as part of its transformation. Add to this a 20% longer data retention rate3 and an increase in ransomware attacks, leaving hospitals with a challenge to manage, make sense of, and protect all this data. What now?
With more data comes the opportunity to further personalize patient care. With the right IT infrastructure in place, you can turn to analytics, new and emerging medical technologies and artificial intelligence to help increase care delivery across the care continuum and across the globe. However, to keep up with the extensive data growth, while keeping patient information protected, healthcare institutions need flexibility and agility.
This is where Dell APEX for Healthcare can help. APEX is a comprehensive set of offerings enabling customers to consume Dell Technologies in as-a-service model – on-premise and/or in the cloud. With APEX, customers deploy and utilize modern infrastructure in a true OpEx business model. This is all while meeting the data privacy and availability requirements they need with reliable, performant and secure IT infrastructure.
Why APEX for Healthcare
APEX for Healthcare allows our healthcare customers to focus on patient care, not IT infrastructure. With APEX, you can drive and accelerate digital transformations by leveraging flexible, consumption-based, on-demand solutions for critical workloads such as medical imaging, electronic health records and genomics. What can APEX do for you? It can help:
- Modernize care delivery by leveraging Dell’s portfolio of trusted solutions and partners to build and operate high-performing, resilient systems, with our best-of-breed technologies, to support your growing needs and embrace new patient care models from edge, to core, to cloud.
- Simply deployment and management by utilizing as-a-service offerings and flexible consumption models with APEX Custom Solutions. APEX enables you to deploy true end-to-end solutions while consuming our technology in a flexible and easy-to-understand structure with a clear cost of ownership.
- Secure patient care by implementing an enterprise cybersecurity strategy. With APEX solutions, our data protection and cyber recovery solutions are available to keep patient data including electronic health records and medical images protected.
What Customers Are Saying
Now that you understand how APEX can make consuming as-a-service easier, with a simple and easy to deploy cloud-like experience, let’s see what our customers are saying.
- RelateCare onboards customers in days while doubling service availability while lowering costs by 30% compared to public cloud thanks to APEX Flex on Demand**, a cloud-like IT consumption model. Watch the video above.
- BCB Medical migrates to a flexible IT consumption model with Dell APEX Flex on Demand lowering costs by 30% compared to the public cloud. Read the customer story and watch the video to learn how APEX Flex on Demand helps BCB Medical gathers and analyze clinical data that their healthcare customers are using to improve treatments and health outcomes.
- Dell APEX Customer turned to APEX Private Cloud to update their VDI environment, enhancing the overall user experience, enabling frontline clinicians to access critical applications, and reducing risk through platform standardization. Read the customer story.
The amount of data in healthcare is growing and creating greater opportunities to utilize this data to make informed decisions, drive new patient care models, and to reduce costs. With APEX for Healthcare, your focus can be on your patients, knowing your IT infrastructure is already covered.
1 Frost & Sullivan Report: “Telehealth—A Technology-Based Weapon in the War against the Coronavirus, 2020.” go.frost.com/NA_PR_TH_MFernandez_K488_Telehealth_May20
2 IDC White Paper, sponsored by Dell Technologies, Establishing Uncompromising Data Availability for Healthcare Organizations, doc #US47447321, February 2021
3 IDC White Paper, sponsored by Dell Technologies, Establishing Uncompromising Data Availability for Healthcare Organizations, doc #US47447321, February 2021
** Payment solutions provided to qualified commercial customers by Dell Financial Services (DFS) or through Dell Technologies group companies and/or through Dell’s authorized business partners (together with DFS “Dell”). Offers may not be available or may vary by country. Offers may be changed without notice and are subject to product availability, eligibility, credit approval and execution of documentation provided by and acceptable to Dell or Dell’s authorized business partners. In Spain, solutions are provided by Dell Bank International d.a.c branch in Spain and specific countries within the EU and EEA and in the UK and Switzerland by Dell Bank International d.a.c, trading as Dell Financial Services which is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Dell Technologies, DellEMC and Dell logos are trademarks of Dell Inc.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Dell products described are not medical devices and are not certified as Medical Electrical Equipment under UL 60601-1. For more information, please visit here