If you have difficulty locating your mouse pointer on a Windows Vista system, enable a feature in Vista that briefly displays an animated circle around the mouse pointer's position when you press the Ctrl key. Even if the mouse pointer is hidden on the sides of the screen, this feature is sure to make it easier to locate.
To enable this option:
1. Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and open the Control Panel.
2. Click Mouse to open the Mouse Properties window.
3. Click the "Pointer Options" tab.
3. Underneath "Visibility", check "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key".
4. Click "OK" to close the "Mouse Properties" dialog box.