Quick shopping Alert! You heard right…Earlier this week Best Buy announced the Dell Streak, a 5-inch Android-based tablet, as one of their exclusive premier mobile products for the holidays. Eager shoppers like me are be happy to hear that Best Buy opened a pre-sale program at all Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores nationwide, as well as online at www.BestBuy.com/Mobile. The Dell Streak will retail for $299.99 with a new 2-year activation agreement with AT&T. You can get started early via the pre-sale program, or wait until Streak’s in-store arrival on 10/24.
“Streak, what? Remind me again?” If that’s the case, or if you’re hearing about the Dell Streak for the first time, let me give you a quick overview and why it’s so unique. You’ve heard us talk consistently about the Streak’s uniqueness being its size, and how the device finds a way to fit the whole world in a 5-inch screen…and most importantly ‘in’ your pocket. What’s it designed for? Well, we see the Streak as the best on-the-go entertainment, social connection and navigation experience, in a pocket friendly size.
And, the features…Here you go:
- 5” Tablet optimized to be pocket friendly for easy portability
- Comes with Android 1.6, and will receive 2.2 as an over the air update later this year
- 5” Gorilla glass display creates a high quality damage resistant display
- Fast processing power with 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor
- Two cameras allow users the flexibility to capture the moment by photo or video chat
- Integrated A-GPS and e-compass enables Location-Based Services (LBS) applications for personal navigation w/real time maps.
If you want to learn more about the Dell Streak be sure to check out our product page for more information, readDell’s chief blogger Lionel Menchaca’s Streak coverage, and see out what others are saying on Twitter via #dellstreak
Happy holiday hunting!