Can you believe that the Dell Storage Forum is less than a week away? There have already been some great posts about what to expect, like this one from the Dell Tech Center. You can find full schedule details on the Dell Storage Forum microsite. This post is to help you get ready for the social activities, whether you are coming to Orlando or if you weren’t able to make it this time.
- Our “home-base” for social will be the Dell Storage Forum Facebook fan page. We will be adding all the links we run across to the fan page, but don’t be shy! If you write a blog post, or post a picture, or see any other good #dellsf11 content, please just post it to the wall.
- Facebook not your thing? We have a LinkedIn event page, sign up there and start connecting with others who are coming to Orlando.
- The tag/hashtag for the event is #dellsf11 – please add it to your tweets, posts, images, etc. It will help us find all the stuff you are posting.
- The Twitter account is @dellsf. We have a list of attendees, please let us know if we have missed you.
Here’s a tip for following the conference – follow that list! Usually the people who are most engaged on social media will be using Twitter. Twitter is the easiest way for us to share content, so if you follow the list you will get the best content as it happens.
- One good way to follow the action (especially if you can’t be with us) is to use Twazzup. Once the conference gets going, it will have links to most of the content that is shared via social media
Fluid Blogger’s Lounge
The Fluid Blogger’s Lounge will be open Monday thru Thursday – officially right after the general sessions till 6 (except Monday). You don’t have to be a blogger to get in, you just need to be active in social media. The idea is to give you a place to recharge your machines, hook into ethernet for uploading videos/images, and to reconnect with others in the Dell Storage community.
We won’t have an official sign-up sheet, we are fluid, after all . We will have a sign-in board for everyone to tag the first time they visit. No fancy beverages, but we will have water and sodas. Please come by and connect with the community!
Silicon Angle’s Cube TV
Silicon Angle’s Cube TV will be broadcasting live interviews from the Forum Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This is sort of like ESPN for tech conferences, we’ll be bringing in executives, partners, customers, and storage experts for interviews, in many cases immediately after they have given presentations. It makes for vibrant, interesting internet TV.
You can access the live feed at http://www.justin.tv/siliconangletv.
Tweetup – the Infosmack team will be in the house!
If you will be in Orlando, please sign up for the Dell Storage Forum tweetup. It will be at Ragland Road, an Irish Pub in Downtown Disney. You’ll need a ticket, sign up quick – there are only 33 tickets left!
The Infosmack Podcast team will be there, recording their podcast for the Dell Storage Forum. It should be a great time.
Tuesday Keynote will be livestreamed
Darren Thomas, VP and GM of Dell Enterprise Storage, and Phil Soran, President, Dell Compellent, will share what’s new and what’s next for the Dell Fluid Data architecture during the Tuesday morning keynote.
Here’s how to connect so you can hear the keynote live:
- Dell Fluid Data Architecture
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- 8:00 ̶ 9:30 a.m. EDT
- Password: DellSF11
Wednesday – #SANchat live from the Fluid Blogger’s Lounge
We will be hosting #SANchat live from the Fluid Blogger’s Lounge. If you are in Orlando, stop by and join in. If you are not in Orlando, all you need to do if you want to participate is sign into Twitter, and watch for and respond to the #SANchat hashtag. We recommend using Tweetchat.
Here are the details for June’s #SANchat:
- Wednesday, June 8, 2011
- 2:00 — 3:00 p.m. EDT
- Topic: Data Center Bridging (DCB)
As you can see, the social calendar is packed! Please connect with us, let’s grow this Dell Storage Community!