Converged infrastructure (CI) drives complexity out of IT and transforms daily business operations so organizations can focus on what sets them apart. I hear these points from Dell Technologies customers all the time—like a mantra!
As the VMworld 2020 online event begins, I’m reminded how VMware innovations (including vSphere virtualization) have always been at the heart of that amazing Dell Technologies CI value proposition. We focus on delivering perpetual value by continually building in the latest and best VMware technologies through our CI engineering best practices.
One example is Dell EMC VxBlock Central—software that provides system-level awareness, automation and analytics. We’ve integrated it with VMware vRealize Suite to support and facilitate the VMware-based cloud operating model for VxBlock customers. A new VxBlock Central cloud dashboard extends that value by providing a lifecycle management view with key milestones for all system components across the stack (VMware and more), making upgrade decisions easier.
Mission-critical private and hybrid cloud will become easier than ever with the release of expanded VMware technology options for VxBlock 1000:
- VMware NSX-T 3.0 Data Center, upgradable from 2.5 – available now
- VMware vSphere 7.0, upgradable from 6.7 and 6.5 – planned availability Q4 2020
- A new VMware vSAN-based model of the VxBlock management domain, also known as the Advanced Management Platform – planned availability Q4 2020
We’ve developed and tailored this solution to take advantage of the strengths of proven three-tiered infrastructure. It enables customers to:
- Deploy a strong, prescriptive network virtualization and security foundation
- More easily develop a mix of traditional and cloud-native applications for the same infrastructure
- Derive more value from their Fibre Channel (FC) storage arrays (i.e. for workload domains)
- Scale the benefits to diverse end points (multiple systems and sites) with required high availability and reliability via the vSAN-based management domain
- Take advantage of flexibility to deploy VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) on the same infrastructure in the future
I invite you to learn more about the solution in the related on-demand technical session [VCNC1766] presented by Dell Technologies VxBlock 1000 Product Manager Martin Hayes for VMworld 2020.
Learn more about the perpetual value of VMware in Dell Technologies converged infrastructure.