- Significant updates to the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution previewed at VMworld 2015
- New Federation Ready credential program expands deployment options through EMC Federation Business Partners
- EMC Federation announces new Federation End-User Computing solution
SAN FRANCISCO — VMWORLD 2015 - August 31, 2015 -
The EMC2 Federation, today previewed updates to the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution at VMworld® and announced a new Federation End-User Computing solution. With integrated hardware, software and services from EMC Information Infrastructure (EMC II), VMware and VCE, the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution unites the strengths of private and public cloud and drives business agility by self-service provisioning of applications and resources to policy-driven service levels. Customers of the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud are gaining efficiencies in traditional IT functions and workflows, with some projecting more than $50 million in IT savings over five years.
With the new Federation End-User Computing solution, customers benefit from an integrated, validated solution aimed at driving the complexity out of deploying and maintaining Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
New Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Features
Built on hundreds of thousands of engineering hours, the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud is a one-of-a-kind engineered solution, which can be deployed in as little as 28 days. It is designed to help organizations drive agility into traditional IT processes and workflows, while significantly reducing risk and lowering the cost to run IT. This integrated solution features best-of-breed technologies from the EMC Federation, hardware and software engineered together to accelerate value, a comprehensive portfolio of professional services and one-call support.
Previews of enhancements to the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud demonstrated at VMworld 2015 include:
- Enhanced Platform Support – with new features from VMware NSX 6.2, VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO), VMware vRealize™ Operations™ 6.1 and VMware vSphere® 6 solutions; including enhanced network and security services, increased scalability and ability to perform non-disruptive live migration of workloads.
- Self-service modification of data protection services – as workload requirements change over time, the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution gives users the ability to add, update and modify data protection and security services such as Continuous Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup, and Encryption, at any time, in just a few clicks from the self-service portal.
- New deployment options with the VCE VxRack System – offering a new hyper-converged infrastructure designed to help accelerate hybrid cloud deployment and reduce infrastructure cost for tier 2 workloads
- Support for XtremIO™ all flash arrays – customers will also have the option to consolidate mixed workloads with new support for the EMC® XtremIO all flash array.
- Application lifecycle automation – designed to deliver continuous application development integration and deployment, so that the business can deliver new services as soon as code is ready on VMware vSphere and VMware Integrated OpenStack products as well as OpenStack environments.
New Federation End-User Computing Solution
The EMC Federation is also announcing the first in a series of new Federation End-User Computing solutions designed to eliminate the complexity of delivering desktops and applications scaling from hundreds to thousands of end users. The initial solution will include all the integrated hardware and software needed for secure, anytime, anywhere access to virtual desktops, applications and end-user data all with EMC and VMware Professional Installation Services and single call support. Customers will have a choice of deployment options including the ability to integrate into their existing infrastructure or leverage Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud to support nearly any IT strategy.
The storage infrastructure will be optimized for virtual desktop images to reside on EMC XtremIO and end-user data to reside on EMC VNX® and EMC Isilon® storage. The solution will include VMware Horizon, along with a self-service catalog, IT automation and user experience monitoring enabling IT agility and driving higher levels of user satisfaction. The Federation End-User Computing solution will be shipping under directed availability from the Federation.
The Federation End-User Computing solution supports the following business outcomes:
- User Self-Ordering & Fulfillment – Automation and self-service portal for end-users and departments with VMware vRealize™ Suite, Operations Center and Orchestrator™
- Instant Application Distribution – IT can quickly deliver applications and updates while users can safely customize when installing their own applications with VMware App Volumes™, VMware ThinApp™ and VMware Horizon
- Enable Consistent End User Experience – Real-time end user experience monitoring with integrated analytics and anomaly detection from VMware vRealize
Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution Available Through EMC Business Partners
The EMC Business Partner Program enables hundreds of partners globally to sell the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution. Federation Ready is a credential that identifies a strategic group of partners who can sell, consult, implement and deploy the solution.
Upon achieving a Federation Ready credential, qualified EMC and VCE Gold and Platinum business partners and VMware Premier and Enterprise Partners will be able to offer consulting, assessment tools and implementation services for Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud in addition to their ability to position, market, and sell the solution. All other EMC, VMware and VCE Business Partners are able to position, market and sell Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, but EMC and VCE Global Services and VMware Professional Services will be required to implement the solution. Availability of the Federation End-User Computing solution for EMC Business Partners is expected to begin in Q4 of 2015.
EMC Federation Customer Quotes:Rama Dhuwaraha, Chief Technology Officer, University of North Texas System
“We have selected the EMC Federation as our partner for our future because they lower our total cost of ownership. If you look at a five-year cost cycle, having to integrate different solutions, the Federation has already accomplished that. We don’t have to worry about testing or worry about interoperability between these and it reduces our cost and maintenance tremendously going forward.”Khalid AlMansouri, Chief Information Officer, Etisalat
“At Etisalat Misr, we believe that a strong IT backbone remains critical to our ability to innovate to introduce new offerings and better meet the needs our consumers. The Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution enables us to balance the performance, security and compliance capabilities of the private cloud with the agility and cost benefits of a public cloud. The new transformative infrastructure is a step forward in Etisalat Misr’s mission to redefine the future of telecommunications services in Egypt.”Wilbour Craddock, Vice President, IT at eHealth
“We chose the Federation End-User Computing Solution along with the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution, to deploy VDI because it meets our needs for desktop security, rapid provisioning, regulatory compliance, performance and end–user satisfaction. What makes the Federation even more valuable to us is that we are now able to consolidate complex systems seamlessly by working with one strategic partner.”
EMC Executive Quote:Jeremy Burton, President Products and Marketing
“Customers can save as much as 24% of their IT operating expense by moving to a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. The Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud is unique in the market – it combines best-of-breed technology from EMC and VMware, over 40,000 hours of solution engineering and a pre-defined set of services to get customers up and running in as little as 28 days.”
VMware Executive Quote:Carl Eschenbach, President and Chief Operating Officer, VMware
“The EMC Federation is empowering customers to have confident experiences with software-defined technologies that not only offer choice and flexibility, but also helps them react quickly to optimize growth. The Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution and the Federation End-User Computing solution are two strong illustrations of tightly integrated solutions that can empower organizations to transform their business.”
Interact with EMC Online:
- Follow @EMCCorp, @emccloud and @EMC_News
- Read Federation perspectives on the EMC Pulse and VMware Blogs:
- More information on the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and Federation End-User Computing Solutions
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and SocialSphere
About EMC Federation
EMC Corporation comprises a unique federation of strategically aligned businesses, focused on delivering best-in-class technology and services to help customers transform their business and IT for the digital era. The EMC Federation businesses — EMC Information Infrastructure, Pivotal, RSA, VCE, Virtustream and VMware — each are focused to market and deliver offerings individually or collectively through integrated solutions, providing customers with choice without lock-in. Additional information about the EMC Federation can be found at http://www.emcfederation.com/.
About EMC Information Infrastructure
EMC Information Infrastructure is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
VMware (NYSE:VMW) is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.