Dell Technologies Consumer Takeback Services Terms and Conditions
Please read through the following Terms and Conditions. By ordering Dell’s takeback service, you (hereinafter “You” or “Your”) confirm that You have read these Terms and Conditions and confirm Your understanding and agreement thereof. These Terms and Conditions amend all prior terms and conditions or agreements, should any such agreement be in existence.
These Terms and Conditions applicable to the return of computer hardware are provided on the Dell Free Consumer Takeback Services websites, available at DellTechnologies.com/Recycle .
Basic Principles of Dell’s Free Consumer Takeback Services
Through this program (the “Program”), Dell offers to accept your return of Dell-branded and non- Dell branded (as accepted by region) PCs, Notebooks, Servers, Smart Phones, Tablet PCs, Desktop-Printers (laser, Ink, all in one) and Scanners (“Computer Hardware ”) for recycling at no cost to you.
Lawful owner confirmation
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you confirm that you are the lawful owner of the Computer Hardware and that this ownership is not subject to any third-party title retention and you accept responsibility for your obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. Dell reserves the right to request proof of ownership.
Packaging and Shipment
- You must pack the Computer Hardware in accordance with Dell's instructions as well as the carrier´s instructions, including but not limited to, instructions regarding weight limitations, quantity and types of items to be recycled. Packing instructions will be detailed on the Step by Step Mail-back or Ink and Toner landing page.
- You should use your own packaging (cardboard boxes) to safely return the Computer Hardware. The maximum weight limits are to be kept to 20kg per box.
- You must make the packaged equipment available for pickup by the carrier identified by Dell if pickup is selected and available in your region. Computer Hardware will not be returned to you.
- You will ensure that the material shipped is only computer hardware accepted by the program. You also will ensure that the Computer Hardware shipped matches the Computer Hardware described in your recycling form.
- NOTICE REGARDING CUSTOMER DATA: You are responsible for removing all confidential data or data subject to applicable Data Protection legislation that may be stored on the Computer Hardware. Before drop off or pickup by the carrier, You are responsible for:
(a) Deleting the data on the hard disk drives and any other storage devices in the Computer Hardware;
(b) Backing up or transferring any data prior to deletion (if you want to keep the data); and
(c) Removing any removable media, such as mobile cards, diskettes, CDs or PC Cards.
- Dell does not accept liability for lost or confidential data or any software.
- NO CONTAMINATED PRODUCTS: This service is not intended for products that are or have become contaminated or suspected of being contaminated with chemicals, biological agents or other substances that are not integral to the original new equipment or otherwise associated with normal office or household environments. Devices that may be contaminated must be decontaminated prior to recycling. Dell does not offer decontamination services. See FAQs at the bottom of DellTechnologies.com/Recycle for additional information.
- If you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, then Dell is not obligated to provide the service to you. In addition, the carrier or the postal office may refuse collection or return the Computer Hardware to you and you may incur additional fees.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you declare that you will return Computer Hardware as listed only. You further confirm that you will return the mere product, which will have been used for the product’s intended purpose.
You will be held fully responsible in case of undue return and shall bear all consequences including but not limited to all fines and additional costs for the disposal of any non-confirming product. Dell reserves the right to immediately return any non-confirming product to you at your expense.
Dell’s Service Providers
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Dell may utilize affiliates and subcontractors to perform the services described in these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part. From time to time, Dell may change the location where the services provided pursuant to the Program are performed and/or the party performing such services; provided however, Dell shall remain responsible to you for the delivery of such services.
Title and Risk of Loss
Once the Computer Hardware is received by Dell or Dell’s service provider, it becomes the property of Dell or Dell’s service provider and cannot be reclaimed by or returned to you.
Dell and Dell’s service provider will bear the risk of loss of the Computer Hardware once it is received and Dell has confirmed that your packaging procedure did not result in any damage or loss to you, to Dell or to any other third party who may have come into contact with the Computer Hardware while in transit.
Commercially Reasonable Limits to Scope of Service
Dell and Dell’s service providers may refuse to perform the services provided pursuant to the Program if, in its opinion, the condition, size or location of the Computer Hardware creates an unreasonable risk to Dell or Dell’s service providers or is beyond the scope of these Terms and conditions. Dell and Dell’s service providers are not liable for any failure or delay in performance due to any cause beyond its control. Dell and Dell’s service providers shall not be liable for events resulting from failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions for reasons beyond their reasonable control.
Some regions do offer pickup, please contact carrier if you choose to cancel pickup services.
Once equipment is shipped you will not be able to cancel this service.
DELL WARRANTS THAT IT WILL PERFORM THE SERVICE WITH COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE CARE. DELL MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOUR STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE UNAFFECTED BY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS.
Limitation of Liability
DELL DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN. DELL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST OR CONFIDENTIAL DATA OR SOFTWARE OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT DELL IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PURCHASE OF SERVICES UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.