Switchable lid designs Personalize your laptop with SWITCH by Design Studio. Change your look as you please with optional interchangeable lids. Explore or collect all SWITCH lids. 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ processors Meet your everyday computing needs with Intel® 2nd Gen Core™ processors and Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Find Out More>
Entertainment virtually anywhere An HD display and Webcam, optional mobile broadband and Intel Wireless Display capabilities help keep the fun going wherever you are. Find Out More>
Your world on one Stage
Dell™ Stage software on your Inspiron R delivers the things that matter to you right to your desktop, with your most recent content always at the front and center. Seamlessly toggle between your favorite music, videos, applications and more, all from a sleek, movie-reel-style interface.
Accessories: At Dell.com you’ll find electronics and accessories designed to enhance your life, including bags and cell phones.
Services: Dell knows Dell PCs. We design them and build them. If you should ever run into a problem with your Dell PC, we’re here to help you solve it over the phone or online.
1. What's the difference between 1st Generation and 2nd Generation Intel ® Core™ processors? The 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ processor delivers faster processing and better graphics. What this means for you is that you’ll zip through tasks faster and your photos and videos will have a higher quality look. Learn More
2. What’s the difference between the previous generation Inspiron R laptops and the new 2011 Inspiron R laptops? The 2011 Inspiron™ R series laptops come with the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i processors, which offer increased speed and graphic performance. The new Inspiron R laptops are also available with interchangeable SWITCH lids. This means the cover can be swapped out at any time when you purchase an optional SWITCH by Design Studio design or color. Another new feature is an HD webcam that comes standard on the new Inspiron R laptops. You can now see your friends and family in clear high definition.
3. What's the difference between the Inspiron 14R, 15R and 17R and why are the prices different? The primary difference between the 14R, 15R or 17R is the screen size (14”, 15” and 17” respectively). Within each screen size you will have different prices based upon the included hardware. Typically, as you move up in price, the laptop will contain more memory for multitasking, more long-term storage and a faster processor.
4. Will basic email, video and photo editing software come preinstalled on the laptop? Your laptop comes with Windows® 7 Home Premium operating system. This is the software that operates the computer and allows you to interact with laptop. Your new Inspiron R series laptop will also have Windows® Live Essentials, which gives you powerful software for work and play. Below are just a few of things you can do with Windows Live Essentials. Photo Gallery — Touch up, organize, and share your photos and videos Movie Maker — Easily turn your photos and videos into polished movies Mail — Manage all of your email accounts, calendars and contacts right on your computer Messenger — Video chat with family/friends and share photos and videos instantly Learn more about Windows Live
5. Do the 2011 Inspiron R laptops come with Microsoft Office? All Dell systems, including Windows® 7 also include Microsoft® Office Starter 2010. Office Starter includes reduced functionality of Word and Excel with advertisements, but it does not give the full features in premium suite versions. Once a system is selected, you will be given the option to purchase and learn more about the full versions of Office 2010.
6. Do the 2011 Inspiron R laptops have HDMI and VGA ports? Yes. All of the 2011 Inspiron R laptops will contain both VGA and HDMI. VGA is a 15 pin connector that transmits video only while HDMI® connectors contain 19 pins and are used to transmit HD video and audio.
7. Do the laptops come with a web camera? Yes. All of the 2011 Inspiron R laptops will come with an HD web camera and microphone.
8. Can I play or burn a CD or DVD? Absolutely. All the laptops will play and create both CDs and DVDs.
9. Is there a 10-key function on the laptops? The Inspiron™ 15R and 17R laptops include a 10-key pad. The Inspiron™ 14R does not.