PowerEdge R630 Rack Server
Maximize data center efficiency with an ultra-dense virtualization or database engine that supports up to 10 flash SSDs in a 1U chassis.
Tech Specs & Customization PowerEdge R630 Rack Server
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
Memory Configuration Type
Additional Network Cards
Embedded Systems Management
Internal SD Module
Internal Optical Drive
Power Management BIOS Settings
OS Media Kits
Additional Virtual Machines for MS2016
Ubuntu, Delivered by Canonical
Advanced System Configurations
Systems Management Upgrades
Additional Software Offerings
Network Daughter Card
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
Power your workloads with uncompromising density
Drive dense database solutions
- Accelerate in-memory online analytical processing (OLAP) with up to 24 DIMMs of DDR4 RAM, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth.
- Increase the number of transactions per second for online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with 12Gb PowerEdge RAID controllers (PERC9) that feature double the throughput performance and cache of previous-generation controllers.
- Efficiently drive workloads with high concurrent usage and frequent random access to all tables, payloads and log files using the R630 with an all-flash SSD configuration.
- Dramatically reduce storage latency with Express Flash PCIe SSDs.
Power communication and collaboration
|•||Speed your workload deployment with Dell's expanding out-of-box template library for Exchange, |
SharePoint, Skype for Business, UC&C and SQL configurations.
|•||Improve virtual machine (VM) performance, including better response times for more concurrent users, with |
fast DDR4 memory and the increased processing cycles and threads of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600
v4 product family.
Ensure continuous access
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Monitor and manage from anywhere
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deployment
|•||Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities|
|•||Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library|
|•||Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), |
including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Stocking the future-ready data center
Transform your data center. We can help.
When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware across your data center. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for the following technologies, and many more:
Visit our Solutions site for details, or talk to a Dell expert for one-on-one expertise.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Awards & Reviews
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
IT Brand Pulse Servers Brand Leader Awards
"Dell EMC’s win included an especially strong product innovation performance, support and partnership." — CRN®
"Enterprise Rackmount Servers ‘Market Leader’ award" – IT Brand Pulse
"The PowerEdge R630 specifically, is ideal for a wide range of use cases in software-defined environments." — StorageReview
Winner: Gold Award — 2015 CRN Annual Report Card
Go ahead. Ask us anything.
You've got questions, we've got experts who can help. Find out now.
Productivity is within reach.
Get no interest if paid in full within 90 days on all PowerEdge servers.^ Limited-time offer for qualified customers.
We're here to help.
Speak with a Dell expert about your server needs.
Request a Callback