Affordable density for Dell servers
When it comes to expanding DAS in your server deployment, there are several important questions to consider:
- How much space do you need?
- How quickly you can add more storage?
- How can you add capacity while keeping power and cooling costs under control?
Your answer is the Dell PowerVault MD3060e dense enclosure, or JBOD (just a bunch of disks). The high-density storage solution in a compact 4U chassis enables quick expansion for PowerEdge R630, R730 and the R730xd servers while saving space, power and cooling expenses.*
The versatile design allows you to:
- Mix and match up to 60 HDDs and SSDs in one chassis
- Scale to 240 HDDs (with four MD3060e enclosure) per server
- Maximize capacity to 2.4PB per R630 or R730 server*
- Store over 2PB of data in less than one-half of a standard rack*