PowerEdge MX840c Compute Sled
Scalable high performance modular server
Elastic compute resources for database-driven mission critical applications and performance workloads in a 4-socket, double-width sled.
Extra $250 off servers $1,299+: Use code SERVER250
Dell Business Credit
Video: PowerEdge MX740c and PowerEdge MX840c 0:53
Tech Specs & Customization PowerEdge MX840c Compute Sled
Trusted Platform Module
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
Memory Configuration Type
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
Hard Drives (PCIe SSD/Flex Bay)
Boot Optimized Storage Cards
OS Media Kits
Client Access Licenses
Additional Virtual Machines for Windows Sever
Embedded Systems Management
iDRAC Server Manager
iDRAC Systems Management Options
I/O Card for Fabrics A or B
I/O Card for Fabric C
Internal SD Module
Power Management BIOS Settings
Advanced System Configurations
Virtualization Software and Support
Virtualization software and Support
Microsoft SQL Server
AutoRAID Configuration - Standard
Networking and Storage
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
PowerEdge MX840C Shipping
PowerEdge MX840C Shipping Material
Set the foundation for the modern data center
Designed for Dell EMC’s PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure ecosystem, the PowerEdge MX840c server, with dense compute, exceptionally large memory capacity and highly expandable storage subsystem, delivers the flexibility and agility needed in today’s demanding, shared-resource environments.
- Double-width; up to four sleds per PowerEdge MX7000 chassis.
- Two or four, up to 28-core second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors per sled, up to 448 cores per chassis.
- Up to 48 DDR4 DIMMs slots, 6 TB max memory and speeds up to 2933MT/s; up to 192 DIMMS per chassis for up to 24.5TB max memory.
- Supports up to 24 DIMM slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (12.2TB) with a maximum total capacity of 15.36TB per server.
- Up to eight 2.5" drive bays for SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) and NVMe PCIe SSD support plus optional M.2 boot.
Dynamically configure for optimal workload performance and efficiency
PowerEdge MX architecture disaggregates and granularly reassigns resources, maximizing utilization, minimizing overprovisioning and stranded infrastructure. PowerEdge MX840c fully configurable, no compromise compute maximizes scalability to enhance workload performance and optimization.
- Scale compute resources with second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Flexible memory configurations from capacities of 8GB to 6TB; RDIMMs and LRDIMMs for reduced memory loading and greater density.
- Large, high-performance onboard storage footprint with double the HDD drives per compute sled*.
Intelligently automate to accelerate deployment and provisioning
Deploy and provision PowerEdge MX servers faster and automate daily operations with agent-free lifecycle management. Unify and simplify management of compute, storage and fabric with Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition within the MX7000 chassis.
- Up to four times more performance with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) for easy lifecycle management from deploy to retirement*.
- Sixteen fewer steps and 30% time savings to perform basic server setup using Android or Apple mobile device with Quick Sync 2* .
- Full Lifecycle Management of more than 5,000 nodes within 611 chassis over 7 continents simultaneously on a single OpenManage Enterprise console* .
Integrate innovation to maximize longevity and minimize disruption
PowerEdge MX infrastructure’s responsive and future-ready design mitigates the uncertainty of planning for future workload and data center needs. Industry leading thermal architecture, unique no mid plane design, forward thinking mechanical design and control algorithms for dense configurations allows for emerging technologies to easily integrate with existing infrastructure.
- Multi-generational assurance for at least three sever processor microarchitecture generations.
- More effective cooling and non-disruptive fabric upgrades with the no mid plane design - direct compute to I/O connections.
- Simplified storage capacity expansion with the PowerEdge MX5016s which accommodates up to sixteen 2.5” hot-pluggable SAS drives that can be granularly assigned to servers.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services* for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
Drivers, Manuals & Support
From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered!