SIM with Mobile Network Pre-installed or Installed Post-SaleIf you have ordered your device with a SIM card for a specific mobile carrier or with a SIM card installed post-sale:
|1. Insert the SIM card into the SIM slot of your Dell device. If the SIM card is preinstalled via factory, please skip this step.|
2. Find the website of the SIM card’s corresponding carrier.
|3. To activate through your carrier’s website, you may be required to provide the IMEI and ICCID codes of the LTE modem installed in your machine. If this information is required, it can be found under the “System Details” option in your MyDell app.|
4. Complete your carrier account activation via the carrier website.
5. Now connect your device to the cellular network. Go to Cellular settings by selecting Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular and then select the corresponding SIM from the menu to get online.
|6. Next you must configure the correct carrier access point name (APN). Check the APN name provided by your carrier. If it is correctly displayed as the left (through clicking the “Network” icon on the Windows task bar) then you are successfully connected with the corresponding carrier’s LTE network.|
|Enable / Disable / Modify SIM PIN for uSIM (For China Unicom ONLY)|
Enabling the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) Personal Identification Number (PIN) locks the SIM card so it cannot be used until the correct code is entered. If the incorrect PIN code is entered 3 times, the SIM will be locked, refer to the PIN Unblocking Key (PUK) on the back of your SIM card attached to your PC to unlock the SIM. Please note that the PUK can only be retried 10 times with an incorrect PUK code, exceeding this amount will result the SIM card being permanently disabled.
More Windows LTE connection details can be found under:
|1. Go to Cellular settings in the Mobile Plans app by selecting Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular and select the SIM from the menu. |
2. Select Connect with a data plan.
3. In the Mobile Plans app, follow the instructions to add your device to your current mobile account. If your mobile operator doesn’t offer plans through the Mobile Plans app, you can sign up with a new mobile operator with an option to buy from them if you choose.
Please refer to the below Microsoft links for more information on eSIM activation and Microsoft Mobile Plans.