Dell Memory Upgrade - 16GB - 2RX8 DDR4 RDIMM 2666MHz - ECC
Dell™ Branded memory offered in the Memory Selector has gone ... Show More
Dell Memory Upgrade - 16GB - 2RX8 DDR4 RDIMM 2666MHz
Why should I buy a Dell EMC Upgrades over a third-party part?
- Precision Workstation T5810 XL
- Precision Workstation T5810
- PowerEdge R630
- PowerEdge R730
- PowerEdge T630
- PowerEdge R730XD
- PowerEdge R430
- PowerEdge R530
- PowerEdge T430
- PowerEdge M630
- PowerEdge C4130
- PowerEdge FC630
- PowerEdge FC430
- PowerEdge FC830
- PowerEdge M830
- PowerEdge R930
- Poweredge R830
- PowerEdge R640
- PowerEdge R740
- PowerEdge R940
- PowerEdge R740XD
- PowerEdge C6420
- Precision Workstation T7820
- Precision Workstation T7820 XL
- PowerEdge R440
- PowerEdge T640
- PowerEdge T440
- PowerEdge FC640
- PowerEdge M640
- Precision Workstation R7920 XL
- Precision Workstation R7920
- Precision Workstation T7920 XL
- Precision Workstation T7920
- PowerEdge R540
- Precision Workstation T5820
- Precision Workstation T5820 XL
- PowerEdge C4140
- PowerEdge R6415
- PowerEdge R7415
- PowerEdge R7425
- PowerEdge R840
- PowerEdge R940xa
- PowerVault NX3240
- PowerEdge MX740c
- PowerEdge MX840c
- PowerEdge R740xd2
- PowerEdge XR2
Memory DIMM Types
With more memory, the faster that data and instructions can be read, written, and performed by the server.There are three types of memory DIMMS for servers available. These DIMM types cannot be mixed in a single system, you must select the type of DIMM appropriate for your workload at the type of purchase.
- Unbuffered DIMM: UDIMM, an unbuffered, low density, low-latency DIMM that doesn't include a register or buffer chip. UDIMMs are generally used in applications requiring the lowest possible latency.
- Registered DIMM: RDIMM, a registered DIMM that provides high signal integrity -- performing parity checking to detect improper addresses or commands -- and increased performance for heavy workloads.
- Load reduced DIMMs: LRDIMM, uses a buffer to reduce memory loading to a single load on all DDR signals, allowing for greater density.
- Burn-in: Powered stress testing (i.e. increased temperature) to remove weak components.
- Component Test: Memory vendor-specific diagnostic tests performed at DRAM component level to ensure functionality.
- Module Test: Memory vendor-specific diagnostic tests performed at DIMM level to ensure functionality (with all DRAM components already mounted on DIMM PCB).
Random Access Memory (RAM) is a type of hardware that your computer uses to store information. Adding memory is one of the most cost-effective ways to improve your computer's performance.
Dell™ Branded memory offered in the Memory Selector has gone through rigorous quality assurance and quality control testing to ensure it will work with your specific Dell System so it is fully compatible and supported by Dell. Getting unqualified or generic products from other vendors can cause downtime that can seriously cost your business and put your entire system at risk.
Memory offered now may differ in speed from the original system memory but has been qualified to work in the system. When mixed, the memory will perform at the lowest speed populated or the highest speed allowed by the system.
Dell Systems Owner's Manual
This product is compatible with the following systems:
Precision Workstation 5820 Tower
Precision Workstation 7820 Tower
Precision Workstation 7920 Tower
Precision Workstation R7920
Precision Workstation R7920 XL
Precision Workstation T5810
Precision Workstation T5810 XL
Precision Workstation T5820XL Tower
Precision Workstation T7820XL Tower
Precision Workstation T7920XL Tower
Drivers, Manuals & Support
From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered!
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.