PowerEdge MX740c Compute Sled
Flexible and dense compute resources for virtualization, collaborative and software-defined workloads in a 2-socket, single-width sled.
PowerEdge MX740c Compute Sled
Trusted Platform Module
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory Configuration Type
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
Hard Drives (PCIe SSD/Flex Bay)
Boot Optimized Storage Cards
OS Media Kits
Client Access Licenses
Additional Virtual Machines for Windows Sever
Embedded Systems Management
iDRAC Systems Management Options
iDRAC Server Manager
Internal SD Module
Power Management BIOS Settings
Advanced System Configurations
Virtualization software and Support
Microsoft SQL Server
AutoRAID Configuration - Standard
I/O Card for Fabrics A or B
I/O Card for Fabric C
Keep Your Hard Drive for Enterprise Services
Keep Your Component for Enterprise Services
Data Sanitization and Data Destruction for Enterpr
Dell Services: On-site Diagnosis Service
Configuration Services Asset Report
Virtualization Software and Support
Remote Consulting Services
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
Building blocks for the modern data center
- Single-width; up to eight sleds per PowerEdge MX7000 chassis.
- One or two, up to 28-core 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors per sled, up to 448 cores per chassis.
- Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs slots, 3TB max memory and speeds up to 2933MT/s; up to 192 DIMMS per chassis for up to 24.5TB max memory.
- Supports up to 12 slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (6.1TB) with a maximum total capacity of 7.68TB per server.
- Up to six 2.5" drive bays for SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) and NVMe PCIe SSD support plus optional M.2 boot.
Dynamically provision to maximize workload performance and drive efficient infrastructure
- Scale compute resources with second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Flexible memory configurations from capacities of 8GB to 3TB; RDIMMs and LRDIMMs for reduced memory loading and greater density.
- High performance Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD delivers exceptional endurance in demanding enterprise environments.
Intelligently automate to accelerate operations and effectiveness
- Up to four times more performance with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) for easy lifecycle management from deploy to retirement*.
- Sixteen fewer steps and 30% time savings to perform basic server setup using Android or Apple mobile device with Quick Sync 2* .
- Full Lifecycle Management of more than 5,000 nodes within 611 chassis over 7 continents simultaneously on a single OpenManage Enterprise console* .
Future-proof infrastructure to avoid technology and architectural disruption
- Multi-generational assurance for at least three sever processor microarchitecture generations.
- More effective cooling and more disruptive fabric upgrades with the no mid plane design - direct compute to I/O connections.
- Simplified storage capacity, up to 118 2.5” direct-attached SAS hot-serviceable drives in a single MX7000 chassis when paired with PowerEdge MX5016s storage sled.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
"A solid solution for a segment of the market that wants the integration, flexibility, and deployment ease of blade servers." — ServeTheHome
"The two-socket blade delivers a fully configurable compute modular server with high performance and a rich set of storage options." — CRN®