PowerEdge M830 for M1000e
Accelerate application performance, consolidation and time-to-value for data center or office workloads with manageable, high-density blades.
Tech Specs & Customization PowerEdge M830 for M1000e
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory Configuration Type
Internal SD Module
Power Management BIOS Settings
Additional Virtual Machines for MS2016
Client Access Licenses
Virtualization Software and Support
Microsoft SQL Server
Advanced System Configurations
Systems Management Upgrades
Additional Software Offerings
OS Media Kits
Networking and Storage
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
Enhance IT workload performance
- Power through compute-intensive workloads with 83 percent more processing cores per socket than previous-generation Intel processors.
- Get results faster from memory-intensive workloads with DDR4 DIMMs offering 28 percent higher MT/s than DDR3.
- Feed your IO-intensive workloads with up to 240Mbits of throughput using 24 x 10GbE ports connected to three redundant, low-latency fabrics.
- Accelerate data-intensive workloads, such as OLAP and other business intelligence applications, using 12 in-chassis SSDs, with expansion options of up to 25 2.5” HDDs or 72TBs with 3.5” HDDs.
Expedite time to value
- Protect software-defined compute, storage and networking with Dell EMC Fault Resilient Memory and redundant embedded hypervisor.
- Automate operations with agent-free, 1-to-many systems management tools that pre-provision LAN and SAN resources and assist with BIOS, firmware and driver updates.
- Enable zero-touch discovery and configuration with template-based provisioning.
Consolidate IT resources
- Reduce infrastructure sprawl by consolidating management modules, switches, power and network cabling, disk enclosures, and feature-dense 4S servers into a single chassis.
- Save floor space, power and cooling costs, and licensing fees by using core-dense M830s to create a software-defined environment from legacy infrastructure.
- Utilize vast local SSD and memory resources to develop software-defined standalone edge networking and DAS storage with VMware VSAN and Virtual Distributed Switch technologies.
Simplify and automate management
Enable the future-ready data center
- Exceptional reliability: Shared server chassis feature hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and servers include redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership with efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations.
Transform your data center. We can help.
When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware across your data center. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for the following technologies, and many more:
Visit our Solutions site for details, or talk to a Dell expert for one-on-one expertise.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Awards & Reviews
Winner: Gold Award – 2015 CRN Annual Report Card
"Dell EMC’s win included an especially strong product innovation performance, support and partnership." — CRN®