PowerEdge T640 Tower Server
Trusted Platform Module
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
Memory Configuration Type
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
Hard Drives for 2nd RAID Container
Boot Optimized Storage Cards
OS Media Kits
Client Access Licenses
Additional Virtual Machines for Windows Sever
Embedded Systems Management
iDRAC Systems Management Options
iDRAC Service Module
Additional Network Cards
Optics & Cables for Network Cards
IDSDM and VFlash Card Reader
Internal Optical Drive
Quick Sync 2 (Wireless At-the-box mgmt)
BIOS and Advanced System Configuration Settings
Advanced System Configurations
Microsoft SQL Server
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platform
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatility
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.*
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5" or 32 x 2.5" drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated security
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
"Memory and storage are impressive too, (...) This, along with a number of smart features and Dell’s excellent management software, make the T640 a sound choice for demanding SMBs." — IT Pro
"This tower of power supports every Xeon Scalable CPU on Intel's books, delivers a storage potential and versatility that defies belief and tops it off with a huge memory capacity." — ITPro
iF Design Award 2018 in the Product Discipline category — iF World Design Guide
"Engineered for reliable, robust and scalable workloads such as business analytics, ERP, CRM, medical imaging, and virtualization, the T640 combines performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform." — IF World Design Guide
"Dell EMC’s win included an especially strong product innovation performance, support and partnership." — CRN®