Redefine office IT
Integrate servers, storage, networking and management together in a quiet, compact chassis.
PowerEdge VRTX Server ResourcesPowerEdge VRTX Spec Sheet
PowerEdge VRTX Technical Guide
Dell PowerEdge Server Portfolio
Dell PowerEdge Acoustical Performance and Dependencies
Dell Networking PowerEdge VRTX Deployment Guide including Microsoft Lync
Dell PowerEdge VRTX Networking
PowerEdge Modular Infrastructure Quick Comparison Guide
PowerEdge Server Solutions Brochure
Drive business success with a data center under your deskThe PowerEdge VRTX modular infrastructure solution offers “under your desk” dimensions, ease of management and quiet acoustics so you can operate non-disruptively. Features such as Fresh Air validated configurations and standard power options help keep your operating expenses in check. Address a wide variety of workloads with future-proof compute, storage and networking options within a single chassis.
- Small and home office (SOHO) environments where data center access is not available
- Remote and branch offices (ROBO) that need local storage and have reduced network access
Adapt and scale with an expandable, modular solutionThe PowerEdge VRTX is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your capacity and performance with versatile, swappable components.
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes (4-socket M830 and 2-socket M640 or M630)
- Up to 12 x 3.5" or 25 x 2.5" HDDs/SSDs internal storage
- Up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5") or MD1220 (24 x 2.5") JBOD disk arrays
- GPU accelerators (within the chassis) and NVMe drive options (within the M640)
- 10GbE or 1GbE, or Ethernet pass-through module options
- Up to three full height and five low profile PCIe slots
Simplify management with intelligent automationDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities. Plus, you can easily manage your VRTX components — networking, storage and servers — in a single console with the Chassis Management Controller (CMC).
Protect your business with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down
- Scale safely on premise to help avoid security risks and rising cloud fees
Dell offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
- Form factors:
Tower or 5U rack enclosure
48.4cm (19.1in) H with system feet x 31.0cm (12.2in) W with system feet opened x 73.0cm (28.7in) D
Weight (empty) = 31.7kg (69.7lb)
Weight (maximum) = 74.8kg (164.9lb)
21.9cm (8.6in) H x 48.2cm (19.0in) W x 73.0cm (28.7in) D
Weight (empty) = 24.7kg (54.5lb)
Weight (maximum) = 68.7kg (151.5lb)
Server node options:
PowerEdge M630, M640 and M830 server nodes
- ReadyRails™ II sliding rails for 4-post racks with square, round, or threaded holes