Next generation access – High performance
Purpose-built open uCPE platform to host VNFs (virtual networking functions). Ideal access platform for SD-WAN.
High-performance purpose-built uCPE (universal customer premise equipment) platform for open and disaggregated networkingThe Dell EMC Networking Virtual Edge Platform 4600 is high-performance optimized to host VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) and is ideal for SD-WAN. Single-socket, 1RU platform is perfect for the service provider edge or enterprise branch.
- New! Upgradable with interface or WiFi expansion cards
- Accelerates packet processing with Intel® QuickAssist Technology (QAT) and security encryption with Intel® Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
- Zero touch provisioning
- Short-depth chassis design excellent for telco use cases
Validated choiceThe VEP access platform brings you simplified deployment and maximum choice with validated hardware and software options.
- Hardware configurations offer choices in cores, storage and memory
- Validated choice of leading SD-WAN software: VeloCloud or Versa
- New! Adva Ensemble has been added to provide a hardened virtualization layer that can host a wide array of over 50 third-party VNFs, covering routing, firewall, WAN, optimization, IOT, monitoring, etc.
- Investment protection with available expansion modules
- Validated designs, reference architectures and bills of materials (BOMs)
- Globally sold, serviced, supported and backed with Dell EMC’s best-in-class supply chain
- Single socket 1 RU
- Powered by latest network optimized Intel® Xeon® D-2100 processor - enables up to 2x packet processing and 4x memory capacity*.
- Packet processing accelerated with Intel® QuickAssist Technology (QAT)
- Security encryption accelerated with Intel® Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
- Upgradable with interface or WiFi expansion cards
- Up to 960GB M.2 SSD
- Up to DDR4 ECC 64GB RAM
Navigate network complexity with Dell EMC Services
Dell EMC network consultants provide expert guidance to help you optimize and transform the network environment for the demands of today’s multi-cloud infrastructures. Our deep infrastructure and application expertise combined with sophisticated network analysis toolsets address a wide range of network technology and process challenges.
Leverage the Dell EMC ProDeploy Enterprise Suite to get your network installed and configured. Our experts can free your IT staff to focus on your core business, minimize downtime and give you the confidence that the job will be done right, the first time.
Gain access to ProSupport technical experts who can assist with your most complex networking challenges. The Dell EMC ProSupport Enterprise Suite provides networking support around the clock and around the globe, helping your team maintain a high level of productivity.
Dell EMC offers flexible training programs so your staff can build the right skills to successfully manage and utilize your network to its full potential. Through our personalized approach, your staff gets the exact training they need to improve productivity and adoption, decrease downtime, and reduce end-user support calls.
Power and Cooling Hardware
- Redundant hot swappable AC power supplies and fan trays are available
- Support on-board and run-time diagnostics capability and POST (power on self test)
- Expansion modules available
Connectors and Cabling
- Power cables are standard
- 2 x 10G, 4 x 1G
- 1x1G IPMI
- Scales to 16 cores
- Up to 960GB M.2 SSD in standard configuration (Upgradable to 1.92TB with custom upgrade)
- DDR4 ECC 64GB RAM (Upgradable to 128GB with custom upgrade)
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.72''(4.37 cm) X Width: 17.1"(43.4 cm )X Depth:15"(38.1 cm)
- SNMPv3 (RFC 2570), Out-of-band-management via IPMI
- Intel® Xeon® D Skylake Generation processor, with Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT), and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating temperature of 0 to 45C
Operational relative humidity of 5 to 90%
- AC single phase power and universal input (100V to 240VAC and 50 to 60Hz).