Double your edge
Above-and-beyond strengthPush the limits: For some jobs, you don’t know where the edge is until you’ve already gone over it. That’s why we push to the edge and beyond with a rigorous “test-to-fail” methodology during development and third-party certify our products to meet military standard (MIL-STD) requirements*.
Built with a backbone: This notebook can take some serious punishment, thanks to its rigid magnesium alloy backbone and shock-absorbent ultra-polymer materials.
Nothing gets under its skin: All entry points are sealed by compression gaskets and a dual-knife-edge design that’s certified for IP65 protection* from sand, dust and liquid.
Stays cool under pressure: In heated situations, Rugged Extreme doesn’t break a sweat. It’s built to last in extreme temperatures with fourth-generation QuadCool™ thermal management.
Built for the real worldGreat visibility outdoors
In all lighting conditions, you can easily stay focused on your screen. The Direct-View outdoor-readable display is designed to reduce reflections, preserve contrast and conserve battery life.
Backlit keyboard with stealth
With an optional customizable RGB backlight, you can switch between red, green, blue and white lighting, allowing the keyboard to remain visible but unobtrusive. A stealth key lets you stay undercover, turning off all lights and sounds with a single touch.
Resistive multi-touch screen
No matter how rough, dirty or cold your job gets, you can work with or without gloves using the resistive multi-touch screen that responds to finger pressure with fluid response.
Made to go wherever your office isCompact design: This 12" 2-in-1 notebook is ideal for tight spaces or situations that require a convenient and portable device.
Wireless connectivity options: Stay connected out in the field with 802.11ac Wi-Fi and a dedicated GPS.
Long battery life: With up to 9.1 hours of battery life* from the standard 4-cell battery, you can keep plugging away without having to plug in.Get extended battery life in the field with optional hot-swap bridge battery and optional spare battery charger.
Universal docking: Easily switch between vehicles and workspaces with universal docking solutions from Dell, Havis and PMT that are compatible with all Latitude Rugged notebooks.
Performance where it countsRock-solid storage: Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme offers all solid-state storage that’s fast, reliable and easily accessible. Simply open the protective cover and remove your drive when you need to.
Core strength: Beneath the durable exterior are powerful and efficient sixth-generation Intel® Core™ processors ready to conquer your biggest tasks.
Multitask like you mean it: Stay on top of critical jobs using the latest productivity tools with Windows 10 Pro.
Extensive device support: Connect the devices you use every day, from the latest USB 3.0 peripherals to legacy devices with a serial port, Ethernet port and an optional PCMCIA reader.
We've got your business covered
Accidental Damage Service
- Intel® Core™ i3-6100U Processor (Dual Core, 3M Cache, 2.30 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i5-6300U Processor (Dual Core, 3M Cache, 2.40 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-6600U Processor (Dual Core, 4M Cache, 2.60 GHz)
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Home 64bit Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
- Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
- Windows 10 Home (64bit) English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Home (64bit) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit Traditional Chinese Hong Kong MUI
- Windows 10 Pro (64bit) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Home Single Language (64bit) English
- Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License, Microsoft Volume License Only
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 SP1
- 4GB (1x4GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
- 8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
- 8GB (1x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
- 16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
- 16GB (1x16GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
- 32GB (2x16GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory
- Intel® HD Graphics 520
- 11.6” HD (1366 x 768) 16:9 Direct-View outdoor-readable display w ith gloved multi-touch
- Up to 1000GB* Solid State Drive SATA hard drive
- 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet and triple RF‐passthough (GPS, mobile broadband and WLAN)
Wireless LAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless‐AC 7260 (802.11ac, dual band, 2x2, up to 867 Mbps) with Bluetooth® 4.0
Mobile broadband* ,* : Optional Dell Wireless 5808E multi‐mode Gobi™ 5000 4G LTE card (US and Canada only:
AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Rogers, Telus); Optional Dell Wireless 5570E single‐mode HSPA+ card.
GPS: Optional SiRFstarV™ dedicated GPS and antenna
- Steel-reinforced cable lock slot
Smart card reader
Contactless smart card reader
Optional fingerprint reader
ControlVault™ advanced authentication
Dell Security Tools
Dell Data Protection | Encryption
NIST SP800-147 secure platform
Dell Backup and Recovery
65W AC adapter; Optional 90W auto/air DC adapter
4‐cell (58 Whr) lithium‐ion battery; Optional 4‐cell (51 Whr) long life cycle lithium‐ion battery with 3 year
- Up to 9.1 hours battery life*
- 2 USB 3.0
1 USB 2.0
1 Native RS-232 serial ports
1 RJ-45 gigabit Ethernet network connector, Stereo headphone/microphone combo jack, Pogo-pin docking connector
1 Express Card 54 mm, PCMCIA and 1 USB 3.0 port not compatible with Mobile
1 Broadband configurations
2 M.2 Slots (internal)
Memory card reader
- Regulatory model: P18T
Regulatory type: P18T001 Energy Star 6.0, EPEAT
MIL-STD-810G testing*: Transit drop (72”,60”,48”; single unit; 78 drops), operating drop (36”), blowing rain, blowing dust, blowing sand, vibration, functional shock, humidity, salt fog, altitude, explosive atmosphere, solar radiation, thermal extremes, thermal shock, freeze/thaw, tactical standby to operational
Operating thermal range: -20°F to 145°F (-29°C to 63°C);
Non-operating range: -60°F to 160°F (-51°C to 71°C)
IEC 60529 ingress protection*: IP65 (dust-tight, protected against pressurized water)
Hazardous locations: ANSI/ISA.12.12.01 certification capable* (Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C,D)
Electromagnetic interference: MIL-STD-461F certified with compliant power adapter*
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment