Ideas need great Workstations.
The ultimate in performance and expandability, optimized to help you design and simulate for uninterrupted workflows.
Peak performance enabled by dual processorsFeaturing the latest Dual Intel® Xeon® processors:Power through the most complex, demanding applications more quickly with a new generation of dual-socket performance with the latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v4 processor series featuring up to 22 cores per processor. The Precision Tower 7910 is ideal for computationally intensive workloads like rendering, simulation and analysis. In addition to those impressive performance gains, the Dell liquid cooling options can improve system acoustics by up to 38%.
Powerful graphics and memory: The latest NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™ graphics deliver the big muscle you need to run the most demanding software applications with up to 675W of dedicated graphics power. New Quadro and FirePro graphics offer larger dedicated graphics memory for your large data sets. System memory is expandable up to 1TB4 using the latest 2400MHz DDR4 ECC memory technology.
High-performance storage: The Precision Tower 7910 comes with an integrated 12 Gb/s RAID Controller, doubling the I/O speed of our previous generation Workstation. Choose the actively cooled Dell Precision Ultra-Speed Drive Duo and Quad PCIe NVMe SSD storage solutions for the fastest and most reliable way to store your content up to 4xfaster than traditional SATA SSD storage.
Certified for seamless reliabilityISV (Independent Software Vendor) certification means that the Precision Workstations you purchase are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. ISV certification is the result of precise engineering and rigorous testing to optimize performance and reliability to run leading industry applications for engineering, manufacturing, media, entertainment, healthcare, life sciences, oil, gas, economics and financial services. Dell ISV-certified applications cover the most popular independent software applications including:
- Dassault Systèmes including CATIA and SolidWorks
- Autodesk Product Design Suite including Inventor® and AutoCAD, 3D CAD and Revit®.
- Adobe Creative Cloud® including Premiere Pro CC and After Effects® CC
- PTC including PTC Creo and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0
- Siemens including Solid Edge, Tecnomatix and NX
- Schlumberger Petrel
Improve productivity with Dell Precision OptimizerDifferent applications have different system requirements. Let Dell Precision Optimizer take the guesswork out of customizing settings by automatically adjusting system settings. Free with your Precision workstation, the Dell Precision Optimizer, with SCCM centralized management, automatically tunes your Workstation to run some of the most popular Independent Software Vendor (ISV) applications at the fastest speeds possible, enhancing productivity. The Dell Precision Optimizer generates real-time performance reports for processor, storage, memory and graphics utilization, as well as send a system report to IT for analysis.
To view the Dell Precision Optimizer spec sheet, click here
Maximize reliability with Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) ProDell’s exclusive, patented Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro helps maximize uptime and ensure that your Workstations work as hard as you do. Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro works in conjunction with error-correcting code (ECC) memory to detect and correct memory errors in real time. Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro makes memory errors virtually nonexistent so that the bad memory is never revisited again and the DIMM can still be used. With a simple system reboot, Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro isolates the defective area in memory and hides it from the OS.
Thoughtful designBuilt for work: Front accessible hard drives and an externally removable power supply on the innovative chassis design provide outstanding access to internal components for easy maintenance or upgrades.
Security is a big part of Precision performancePrecision™ Workstations feature best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source.
DDP | Encryption protects your data across all endpoints, including external media, self-encrypting drives and in public cloud storage.*
DDP | Security Tools (DDP | ST) is an end-to-end security solution included with all Precision, Latitude and OptiPlex systems. DDP | ST offers advanced authentication options to help you keep unauthorized users out of your data and out of your business.
DDP | Protected Workspace takes a new approach to malware prevention. It is designed to protect your data and users from all untrusted content — even advanced persistent threats (APTs) and zero-day exploits.
Customizable managementEasy updates: Update once and update everywhere with Dell-unique Intel® vPro™ extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are offline.
Dell Client Command Suite: By building unique management capabilities into Precision Workstations, Dell Client Command Suite provides free automation tools that help automate and streamline system deployment, monitoring and updating in complex IT environments.
Best-in-class integration: Our automation tools work with all management consoles and integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Systems Center 2012, allowing 77% fewer steps to import drivers.
Optimized for productivityAccess your Workstation from anywhere with Teradici PCoIP® Workstation Access Software. Without any additional hardware, you can completely manage your machine in a “lights out” environment as if you were right there.
Use any Teradici PCoIP® enabled client device to remotely connect to your Workstation for maximum mobility without sacrificing performance or security. Quick to install and easy to maintain, Teradici PCoIP® uses the most secure remote display technology to provide unmatched user experience over networks. It also offers zero client compatibility and supports dual displays for maximum options for mobile professionals .
Time-saving featuresTraditional drives, solid-state speeds: With optional Intel CAS-W software solutions, you can enable I/O speeds close to that of solid-state drive configurations at the storage and price of traditional drives. Intel CAS-W provides a better user experience, with up to 3.6x higher frame rate in Adobe After Effects® 2015 and up to 70% increased frame rates in AutoCAD® 2015.
Optional PCIe SATA/SAS RAID controllers: Reduce the time spent loading or saving large data sets with software- or hardware-based RAID controllers for your hard drive, available on all Precision Workstations.
Quick Resource Locator (QRL): Model-specific QR codes located on the system allow you to quickly access detailed how-tos and troubleshoot hardware from your smartphone.
Choose your accessories and services
Essential accessories for your Precision Tower 7910
Complete your Precision Tower 7910 with a dual monitor stand, premium monitor, quiet keyboard and precision mouse. Look for these great products and more at checkout.
Dell Dual Monitor Stand - MDS14
Dell UltraSharp 24 PremierColor Monitor – UP2414Q
Dell Keyboard - KB522 Business Multimedia
3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
Dell ProSupport Plus is Dell’s premium support service that automates support for PCs and tablets* to prevent issues before they occur and quickly resolve issues when needed. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. ProSupport Plus combines 24x7 expert hardware and software support by ProSupport engineers, onsite* repair after remote diagnosis, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement to ensure data security*.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
Dell Configuration ServicesSave time and reduce deployment complexities with a service that can ensure your systems are uniformly pre-configured and ready to go when they arrive .
- Intel® XEON_22 (E5-2699)
- Intel® XEON_20 (E5-2698)
- Intel® XEON 18 (E5-2697, E5-2695)
- Intel® XEON 16 (E5-2683)
- Intel® XEON_14 (E5-2690, E5-2680, E5-2660)
- Intel® XEON_12 (E5-2687W, E5-2690, E5-2680, E5-2670, E5-2650)
- Intel® XEON_10 (E5-2660, E5-2640, E5-2630)
- Intel® XEON_8 (E5-2667, E5-2640, E5-2630, E5-2620, E5-2609)
- Intel® Xeon® 6-Core (E5-2643, E5-2620, E5-2609, E5-2603)
- Intel® Xeon® Quad Core (E5-2637, E5-2623)
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit ( Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores ) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit ( Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores ) English
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit ( Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores Plus) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit ( Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores Plus) English
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit (VLA inc Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores ) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit (VLA inc Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores ) English
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit (VLA inc Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores Plus) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit (VLA inc Win 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores Plus) English
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 64 bit OS/COA Hong Kong - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 64 bit OS/COA Simplified Chinese - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Ult Embedded 64 bit OS/COA AP - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (4 Cores Plus) English
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (4 Cores Plus) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (4 Cores Plus) Multi - English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chin
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (up to 4 Cores) English
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (up to 4 Cores) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (up to 4 Cores) Multi - English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chi
- Windows 7 Professional (VLA inc Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores Plus) English
- Windows 7 Professional (VLA inc Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, 4 Cores Plus) Traditional Chinese
- Windows 7 Professional (VLA inc Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, up to 4 Cores) English
- Windows 7 Professional (VLA inc Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, up to 4 Cores) Traditional Chinese
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.2 English 5 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.0 English 5 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.2 English 1 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.0 English 3 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.2 English 3 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.0 English 1 Year RHN
- Microsoft Embedded Windows 7 Professional 64 bit(For OEM sales team only)
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 SP1
- Intel® C612Chipset
- 32G 2133MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) RDIMM ECC
- 64G 2133MHz DDR4 (8x8GB) RDIMM ECC
- 256GB (8x32GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 8GB (2x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 32GB (8x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 512GB (16x32GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 128GB (4x32GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 32GB (4x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 128GB (8x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 64GB (8x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 16GB (4x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 64GB(16x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 192GB(8x8GB + 8x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 256GB(16x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 96GB (4x8GB+4x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 128GB (16x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 LRDIMM ECC
- Support for up to four* PCI Express® x16 Gen 2 or Gen 3 cards up to 675W total for graphics (restrictions apply *)
High end 3D cards:
NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000
NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200
Mid-range 3D cards:
AMD FirePro™ W7100 (coming soon)
AMD FirePro™ W5100
NVIDIA Quadro K4200
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Entry 3D cards:
AMD FirPro W4100
AMD FirePro W2100
NVIDIA Quadro K620
NVIDIA Quadro K420 (coming soon)
Professional 2D cards: (not ISV certified)
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 510
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 315
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310
- Slim-line tray load options: DVD-ROM; DVD+/-RW
- HxWxD: 16.95 x 8.50 x 20.67"; 438 x 216 x 545mm
1 USB 3.0
3 USB 2.0
1 USB 2.0
1 2x5 USB 2.0 header
4 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s
2 SATA 6GB/s for optical drives
3 USB 2.0
3 USB 3.0
RJ45 intel Gigabit Ethernet
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2); Intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington® lock slot, Padlock ring, Internal bezel lock; lockable power supply; Dell Data Protection (DDP): DDP | Security Tools for authentication; DDP | Protected Workspace for malware; DDP | Encryption for data protection*
- 5 Slots, all Full length except Slot
2 PCIe x16 Gen 3 (plus 2 additional PCIe x16 Gen 3 with second processor Option)
PCIe x16 Gen 3 wired x4 external (Slot 1)
PCIe x16 Gen 2 wired x4
1 PCI 32 bit/33MHz