Dense, highly flexible storage sled
Scale dynamically with direct-attached storage designed to address evolving workloads within the PowerEdge MX architecture.
- HBA330 mini-mezz (MMZ)- (on the connected server)
PERC H745P MX- (on the connected server)
- Up to 16 x 2.5” SAS (HDDs/SSDs) in one storage sled. Up to 112 drives, 7 storage sleds within the MX chassis (plus 6 internal server storage drives)
- Power supplies and fans are provided by the PowerEdge MX chassis
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 250.2mm
Weight: 12kg maximum with all 16 HDDs installed
I/O and Ports
- The MX5016s connects to the servers via the MX5000s SAS switch
- Single-width storage sled, up to 7 MX5016s storage sleds per PowerEdge MX chassis enclosure
- The PowerEdge MX uses OpenManage Enterprise- Modular Edition to manage all servers, storage, and networking for multiple chassis in a single web console or RESTful API interface.
Manage multiple PowerEdge MX groups, rack servers, and legacy modular systems with OpenManage Enterprise.
Once mapped to servers, the drives are configured, monitored, and updated via the iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller.
Consolidate compute, storage and networking in one trusted platformDell EMC PowerEdge MX offers a scalable and flexible architecture so you can adapt to changing requirements. Tailor your ideal storage to compute configuration ratio within the MX7000 chassis with the Dell EMC PowerEdge MX5016s SAS storage sled.
The MX5016s supports up to 16 SSDs and HDDs that can be mapped across one or more PowerEdge MX compute sleds. This granular drive-level assignment lets you address diverse workloads without wasting any space.
- Software defined storage like vSAN
- Databases such as SQL and ERP
- Dense virtualization workloads
Flexible storage that scales as you growThe MX5016 full-height, single-width storage sled provides easy front access to swap and add drive capacity and performance options. Scale incrementally to keep your budget in check.
- Map individual drives to two-socket MX740c and four-socket MX840c servers
- Scale-out to 7 MX5016s sleds with up to 112 drives per MX7000 chassis (plus up to an additional 6 internal server drives and two M.2 boot devices)
- Configure your direct-attached SAS environment with PERC and HBA storage controller options
- Help ensure uptime with dual port 12Gb SAS, hot-pluggable drives and hot serviceable expanders
Automate productivity with agile managementThe PowerEdge MX simplifies lifecycle management from a single interface that allows you to deploy, monitor and update.
- Unified control: single management point for server, storage, and networking
- Simplified administration: easy set-up/updates, no specialized training, multiple at-the-box management options
- Intelligent automation: via an operational template methodology and comprehensive RESTful API
Responsive design ensures infrastructure and investment protectionThe PowerEdge MX offers a future-forward architecture and a hardened design to protect, detect and quickly recover from cyber-attacks.
- Provides investment protection for compute and storage with forward-compatibility
- Helps ensure authentic firmware runs on critical components like HBAs, RAID and storage drives with cryptographic signatures