Powerful, expandable and quiet
Drive a wide variety of office workloads with flexible performance and capacity in a worry-free infrastructure.
- Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
- DIMM Speed
Up to 2666 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
16 DDR4 DIMM slots
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Internal Controllers
PERC H330, H730p, H740p, HBA330
External HBAs (non-RAID)
12Gbps SAS HBA
External PERC (RAID)
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB or 240 GB
- Up to 4 or 8 x 3.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 96TB or up to 16 x 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 61TB
- 1X NVIDIA NVS 310 or
1X NVIDIA Quadro P4000
- 450W Gold
Up to 2 hot plugs fans with full redundancy
Dimensions & Weight
218.0mm (8.6") (base width)
304.5mm (12.0”) (with foot)
29.3Kg (64.6lbs.) 8-drive bay chassis
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
I/O and Ports
- Network Options
2 x 1GBE
1 x Dedicated iDRAC micro-USB
5 x USB 2.0
3 x USB 3.0
1 x Serial
1 x VGA
1 x USB 3.0
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® LTSC with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
OpenManage Power Center
Dell EMC RACADM CLI
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
RedHat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
Accelerate modern workloads with an expandable platformAdapt to changing workloads with the versatile PowerEdge T440, an ideal entry-level server for small-to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO) sites. The T440 brings you flexibility with a rackable tower form factor, short 22-inch depth and quiet acoustics that are right for your office or data center. Meet your unique requirements with future-proof performance, capacity and I/O options.
- Workgroup collaboration and productivity
- Mail and messaging
- File and print serving
- Web serving
- Database applications
- Server consolidation and virtualization
Adapt and scale to dynamic business needs with greater flexibilityDesigned to grow with you, the PowerEdge T440 server is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your performance and capacity. Outstanding efficiency helps you keep operating expenses in check as your requirements evolve.
- Scale compute resources with next-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and all-new memory architecture.
- Automatically optimize application performance with one-button tuning.
- Grow data over time with up to 8 x 3.5" or 16 x 2.5" drives.
- Boost I/O performance with 5 x PCIe Gen3 I/O slots.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automationDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your customers and your business with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.