Put the latest storage technology to work for you.
The PowerVault™ NX3100 is a capacity-dense, dedicated network attached storage (NAS) solution that’s integrated with enhanced file-sharing software and designed to help smaller offices stay efficient and productive. The NX3100 also flexible enough to support applications (block data) that help people with limited resources save time by eliminating the need to manage separate types of storage.
- Supports up to 24TB in a compact 2U chassis
- Expands externally with Dell's PowerVault, EqualLogic and EMC arrays, up to 384TB total external capacity
- Ships with everything you need - automated initial setup and configuration wizard lets you easily "set and forget"
Share up to 576TB of Files and Application Data.
- Grow capacity internally up to 36TB, using 12 data drives in a compact 2U chassis. Choose from 450GB/600GB SAS or 1TB/2TB/3TB near-line SAS. The NX3100 system grows with your business needs.
- Expand capacity externally with a wide selection of Dell’s PowerVault™ arrays for up to 576TB maximum capacity.
- Manage your data with the built-in data management software. Create policy based actions to move, backup or otherwise manage the lifecycle of your data.
- Deliver better managed file services across Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM).
Storage technology that works for youThe NX3100 offers of the right mix of high storage capacity and software to keep your storage network highly efficient. The factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 operating system condenses the top file-serving features from Windows® Server 2008 and adds advanced storage management features designed for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Choose higher-capacity or higher-performance with select SAS, near-line SAS and SATA hard drives.
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS).
- Access information faster through Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces.
- Share files across Windows and non-Windows clients with CIFS (SMB 2.0) and NFS.
Set Up and Manage with EaseThe PowerVault™ NX3100 integrates everything you need, right out of the box, to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
- Automates setup and configuration with the “initial configuration task” tool.
- Supports unlimited users through included client-added licenses (CALs).
- Manages your information remotely through a web-based browser using Remote Desktop and the Microsoft Management Console.
Headless operation and remote management are offered through the integrated Dell™ Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Java Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). In addition, the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 provides remote administration of recurring management tasks, saving valuable time and resources.
Hardware Support Service Plans
Dell IT Infrastructure Services
Dell brings pure execution to IT Services. The planning, implementation and maintenance of your IT infrastructure deserves nothing less. Variability in execution can compromise user productivity, IT resources and ultimately your reputation. By leveraging our heritage of process-driven excellence, Dell Services can deliver a smarter way. That’s Pure Dell.
System deployment is a necessary evil that plagues nearly every organization. You must deploy new systems to help improve performance and meet user demand. With Dell’s deployment services, we help simplify and speed up the deployment and utilization of new systems to maximize uptime throughout your IT environment.
Asset Recovery and Recycling Services
Proper disposal, reselling and donation of computer equipment is a time-consuming task that typically falls to the bottom of many IT to-do lists. Dell helps simplify the end-of-life processes for IT equipment in a way that can maximize value for your organization.
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. With Dell training you can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity and reduce end-user requests and downtime.
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Key challenges facing IT departments today include simplifying operations, planning and building for scalability and improving utilization of their existing systems. Dell’s Infrastructure Consulting Services suite is organized into focused practice areas that signify the intersection of these common customer challenges and our domain expertise – including Systems Management, Messaging, Databases, Virtualization/Consolidation, and Storage.