Deliver breakthrough performance, innovation and density for traditional and emerging workloadsData center evolution starts with modern platforms that scale easily and are optimized for application performance. The PowerEdge R7515 is built upon a scalable system architecture and provides choice and flexibility to meet performance demands. High-level specifications:
- 100%* more processing cores and faster data transfer speeds with PCIe Gen 4
- 20%* more memory performance for scale out environments
- Direct connect SAS/SATA/ NVMe for vSAN Ready Nodes
- High core count performance for high VM density in a single-socket design
- Multi-die architecture offers low latency and floating-point performance for big data and containers
Increase efficiency and accelerate operationsThe Dell EMC OpenManage™ systems management portfolio delivers an efficient and comprehensive solution for PowerEdge servers through tailored, automated, and repeatable processes.
- Automate server life cycle management with scripting via the iDRAC Restful API with Redfish conformance.
- Simplify and centralize one to many management with the OpenManage Enterprise console.
- Utilize the OpenManage Mobile app and PowerEdge Quick Sync 2 to easily manage servers using a phone or tablet.
- Resolve issues with up to 72% less IT effort using automated proactive and predictive technology from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.*
Fortify your data center with integrated securityEvery PowerEdge server is designed with a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security deeply into every phase in the lifecycle, from design to retirement.
- Enhance security with platform enablement of AMD Secure Memory Encryption (SME) and Secure Encrypted Virtualization (SEV).
- Operate your workloads on a secure platform anchored by cryptographically trusted booting and silicon root of trust.
- Maintain server firmware safety with digitally signed firmware packages.
- Detect and remediate unauthorized or malicious change with drift detection and system lockdown.
- Securely and quickly wipe all data from storage media, including hard drives, SSDs and system memory with System Erase.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- One 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ Processor with up to 64 cores
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- DIMM Speed
Up to 3200MT/s
Memory Module Slots
16 DDR4 RDIMM/LRDIMM slots
- Internal Controllers
PERC HBA330, H330, H730P, H740P
External HBAs (non-RAID)
12Gbps SAS HBA
12Gbps PERC9 /10
10 series, mini PERC x8 slot
External PERC (RAID)
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem
HW RAID 2 x M.2 + Internal USB + Internal Dual SD Module
- 495W Platinum
Dimensions & Weight
27.3 kg (60.19lb)
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
TPM 1.2/2.0, TCM 2.0 optional
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
- Network Options
2 x 1GbE
2 x 10GbE BT
2 x 10GbE SFP+
2 x 25GbE SFP28
1 x Dedicated iDRAC direct micro-USB
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Video
2 x 1GbE
1 x Dedicated iDRAC network port
1 x Serial
2 x USB 3.0
1 x Video
- Front Bays
Up to 8 x 3.5” hot plug SATA/SAS (HDD)
Up to 12 x 3.5” hot plug SAS/SATA (HDD)
Up to 24 x 2.5” hot plug SATA/SAS/NVMe
Up to 2 x 3.5” hot plug SAS/SATA (HDD)
Up to 4:
2 x Gen3 slots (1 x8; 1 x16)
2 x Gen4 slots (2 x16)
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Enterprise Power Manager
Dell EMC RACADM CLI
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
RedHat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
- ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).