Enhance performance, boost consolidation
Accelerate application performance, consolidation and time-to-value for data center or office workloads with manageable, high-density blades.
Enhance IT workload performanceUp to 88 Intel® processor cores and 48 DIMMS of DDR4 memory offer tremendous computational horsepower for heavy-use workloads in exceptionally demanding database, technical computing and virtualized environments.
- Power through compute-intensive workloads with 83 percent more processing cores per socket than previous-generation Intel processors.
- Get results faster from memory-intensive workloads with DDR4 DIMMs offering 28 percent higher MT/s than DDR3.
- Feed your IO-intensive workloads with up to 240Mbits of throughput using 24 x 10GbE ports connected to three redundant, low-latency fabrics.
- Accelerate data-intensive workloads, such as OLAP and other business intelligence applications, using 12 in-chassis SSDs, with expansion options of up to 25 2.5” HDDs or 72TBs with 3.5” HDDs.
Expedite time to valueReduce configuration, maintenance, imaging and deployment time and costs by standardizing on a single 4-socket E5-4600v4 platform in existing VRTX or M1000e blade server chassis for remote offices and data centers.
- Protect software-defined compute, storage and networking with Dell EMC Fault Resilient Memory and redundant embedded hypervisor.
- Automate operations with agent-free, 1-to-many systems management tools that pre-provision LAN and SAN resources and assist with BIOS, firmware and driver updates.
- Enable zero-touch discovery and configuration with template-based provisioning.
- Reduce infrastructure sprawl by consolidating management modules, switches, power and network cabling, disk enclosures, and feature-dense 4S servers into a single chassis.
- Save floor space, power and cooling costs, and licensing fees by using core-dense M830s to create a software-defined environment from legacy infrastructure.
- Utilize vast local SSD and memory resources to develop software-defined standalone edge networking and DAS storage with VMware VSAN and Virtual Distributed Switch technologies.
Simplify and automate management
Enable the future-ready data centerWith exceptional flexibility, reliability and efficiency, our latest-generation blade servers are ready to run business-critical applications in data centers yet to come.
- Exceptional reliability: Shared server chassis feature hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and servers include redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership with efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations.
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell Technologies is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Financing and leasingAcquiring the latest IT solutions shouldn’t be as complicated as running your business. With Dell Financial Services you can finance and purchase in the same place*. It’s quick, it’s easy and most important, it lets you keep the “flow” in your cash flow.
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v4 product family
Processor Sockets: 4
2 x Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI); 6.4 GT/s; 8.0 GT/s; 9.6 GT/s
2.5MB per core; core options: 6, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
VMware vSphere® ESXi
- Intel C610 series chipset
- Up to 3TB (48 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400 MT/s
- Hot-plug hard drive options: PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD, SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Remote management iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8GB vFlash media (upgrade), 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft® System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
- Form factor: Full-height blade with up to 8 nodes in a M1000e chassis; up to 2 nodes in VRTX converged infrastructure
Blade Server Dimensions:
Height: 15.2 inch (197.92 mm)
Width: 2 inch (50.35 mm)
Depth: 19.2 inch (564.9 mm)