Modular, software-defined infrastructure
Tackle workload with capable compute, storage, and networking components. Designed to handle flexible ratio assignments for changing demands.
Liberate IT resources to achieve optimal utilization, productivity and efficiencyAs dynamic and innovative as your business, PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure bridges traditional and software-defined data centers with unequal flexibility and agility. At the foundation, PowerEdge MX7000 chassis hosts disaggregated blocks of server and storage to create consumable resources on-demand. Shared power, cooling, networking, I/O and in-chassis management provides outstanding efficiencies.
- 7U modular enclosure with eight slots holds 2S single or four 4S double-width compute sleds and 12Gbs single-width storage sleds
- 25Gb Ethernet, 12Gb SAS and 32Gb Fibre Channel I/O options
- Three I/O networking fabrics, two general purpose and one storage specific, each with redundant modules
- Multi-chassis networking up to 10 chassis
- Single management point for compute, storage and networking
- High-speed technology connections, now and into the future, with no midplane upgrade
- At least three server processor microarchitecture generation support assurance
Dynamically scale and respond with kinetic infrastructureDesigned with Dell EMC’s kinetic infrastructure, PowerEdge MX creates shared pools of disaggregated compute and storage resources, connected by scalable fabric, from which workloads can draw resources needed to run most quickly and efficiently. Then when no longer needed the resources are returned into the pool. By essentially creating hardware on the fly the capacity can be managed at a data
- Full-featured, no compromise compute
sledswith Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Generous, scalable on-board SAS, SATA, and NVMe storage drives, plus substantial, granular SAS direct-attached storage using optional storage
- Scalable fabric architecture with a grow-as-you-need fabric expansion capability for up to 10 chassis in
Increase effectiveness and accelerate operations with unified automationEmbedded Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition delivers the key abilities of
- Automatic expansion from one to multiple chassis; scale management to thousands of PowerEdge MX and rack servers with OpenManage Enterprise
- Flexible, at-the-box management front control panel options include Quick Sync 2 (wireless), touchscreen LCD and traditional crash cart
- Comprehensive RESTful API helps automate multiple tasks and integrates to third-party tools
- Seamlessly integrates with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) and Lifecycle Controller (LC)
Protect infrastructure and investment with responsive designReduce the risk of infrastructure investment and help make new innovations more easily available with PowerEdge MX7000 future-forward architecture. Designed to maximize longevity and minimize disruptive technology changes support across both generational and architectural transitions is provided.
Multi-generationalassurance with support for at least three server processor microarchitecture generations
- Nearly zero throughput limitations, providing high-speed technology connections, and well into the future, with no midplane upgrade
- Industry-leading thermal architecture and mechanical design and control algorithms support dense configurations and future compatibility
Performance and capacity options to suit a wide range of demanding workloads
PowerEdge MX750c compute sled
- Up to two 40-core third-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- 32 DDR4 DIMM slots, supports RDIMM/LRDIMM, up to 3200MT/s speeds
- Supports up to 16 Intel Persistent Memory 200 series (BPS) slots with a maximum total capacity of 7.68 TB per sled
- High-performing storage options include up to six 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) or Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD drives
- Choice of optional M.2 Boot Optimized Storage Solution (BOSS) or Internal Dual microSD Module (IDSDM)
- Up to eight independent hot-swappable single-width MX750c sleds can be installed in the MX7000 chassis
- Ideal for emerging workloads
PowerEdge MX740c compute sled
- Up to two 28-core second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, supports RDIMM/LRDIMM, up to 2933MT/s speeds
- Supports up to 12 slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (6.1TB) with a maximum total capacity of 7.68TB per server
- High-performance storage options include up to six 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) or NVMe PCIe SSD drives plus optional M.2 boot
- Optional dual SD cards for fail safe virtualization
- Up to eight single-width MX740c sleds can be installed in the MX7000 chassis
- Ideal for virtualization as foundation for collaborative workloads and software-defined workloads
PowerEdge MX840c compute sled
- Up to four 28-core second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- 48 DDR4 DIMM slots, supports RDIMM/LRDIMM, up to 2933MT/s speeds
- Supports up to 24 DIMM slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (12.2TB) with a maximum total capacity of 15.36TB per server
- High-performing storage options include up to eight 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) or NVMe PCIe SSD drives plus optional M.2 boot
- Optional dual SD cards for
- Up to four double-width MX840c sleds can be installed in the MX7000 chassis
- Excels at running database-driven
mission criticalapplications, big data analytics, and performance workloads
PowerEdge MX5016s storage sled
- 12Gbps direct-attached SAS storage, hot-pluggable drives and hot serviceable expanders
- Up to 16 2.5” SAS (HDD/SDD), in side-loading, front- removable drive bay drawer
- Granular drive-level assignment across one or more PowerEdge MX compute sleds
- Scale-out to seven single-width MX5016s sleds with a 112-drive count per MX7000 chassis
- Well suited for software-defined storage, databases and dense virtualization workloads
PowerEdge MX IO Modules
- PowerEdge MX9116n optimum performance 25G fabric switching engine provides high scalability at a low
- PowerEdge MX5108n high-performance, low-latency 25G Ethernet switch for single chassis deployments
- PowerEdge MX7116n low latency 25G fabric expander module for efficient scaling fabric bandwidth across a multi-chassis environment
- PowerEdge MXG610s high-performance, non-blocking 32G Fibre Channel switch for demanding all-flash storage environments
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell Technologies is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Financing and leasingAcquiring the latest IT solutions shouldn’t be as complicated as running your business. With Dell Financial Services you can finance and purchase in the same place*. It’s quick, it’s easy and most important, it lets you keep the “flow” in your cash flow.
- TPM 1.2/2.0 (optional)
Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
- Up to 6 x 3000W; PSU and grid redundancy support
- Form Factor:
7U modular enclosure with 8 full width slots for combination of compute and storage sleds
GPU Core Expansion Module:
The optional Amulet Hotkey CoreModule delivers 16x NVIDIA T4 GPUs in a fully populated MX7000 Modular Chassis. See the Amulet Hotkey website for more information on the module.
Dimensions & Weight
- 307.4mm width (x)
482mm height (y)
811.6mm depth (z)
105lbs empty chassis weight
400lbs maximum weight
- Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution; consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information.