Powerful, versatile, expandable.
Drive SMB and remote office/branch office applications faster with a powerful and expandable 1-socket, high-availability entry rack server.
Accelerate application performance in SMB and Remote Office/Branch OfficeDrive applications faster while providing room for future growth with the latest Intel® processors, DDR4 memory and PCIe Gen3 I/O.
- Drive greater memory performance and expand capacity up to 64GB through time with 4 x DIMM slots and enhanced DDR4 memory, offering 50% faster clock speed than previous-generation DDR3 which is 12.5% faster than the initial 2133 MT/s implementation of DDR4.*
- Boost data throughput with 2 x PCIe Gen 3.0 slots driving 2x data throughput compared to Generation 2.0.
- Drive 2x IOPS performance with the PowerEdge PERC9 RAID Controller, compared to previous-generation PowerEdge R320 equipped with PERC8.*
- Ensure fast response times with the latest quad core Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v6 product family, as well as flexible dual core processor options including Intel Pentium ®, Intel Core i3 ®, or Intel Celeron ®.
Discover greater versatility
- Harness data growth with up to 4 x internal 3.5" cabled or hot plug HDD or 8 x 2.5" hot plug HDD.
- Enhance storage options with up to two optional 1.8" SSD drives to accelerate system boot/reboot time.
Adapt to changing workload conditions with a virtualization-ready server supporting Citrix® ZenServer®, Microsoft Hyper -V, VMware® vSphere ESXi, and Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization.
Maximize operational efficiency
Deploy rapidly and turn the server over for productive work sooner with Dell OpenManage systems management solutions.
Easily monitor system health and behavior with a simple, intuitive Dell OpenManage Essentials console.
Save IT administrator time by automating firmware updates — up to 92% reduction in firmware update time using Repository Manager auto-updates compared to manual updates.*
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell Technologies is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Financing and leasingAcquiring the latest IT solutions shouldn’t be as complicated as running your business. With Dell Financial Services you can finance and purchase in the same place*. It’s quick, it’s easy and most important, it lets you keep the “flow” in your cash flow.
- 1 processor from the following product families:
Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v6 product family
Intel Core i3®
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, x64
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware Vsphere® ESXi®
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server®
- Intel C236
- Architecture: Up to 2400MT/s DDR4 DIMMs
Memory Type: UDIMMs
Memory Module Sockets: 4
Maximum RAM: Up to 64GB
- Systems management:
• IPMI 2.0 compliant
• Dell OpenManage Essentials
• Dell OpenManage Mobile
• Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
• Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft® System Center
• Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
• HP Operations Manager
• IBM Tivoli® Netcool®
• CA Network and Systems Management
• Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
• iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
• iDRAC8 Express (default)
• iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
• 8GB vFlash media (upgrade)
• 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 slots + 1 slot for internal storage
- 1U rack server
Dimensions & Weight
- The dimensions below are without bezel and without redundant PSU:
Width: 17.08 in / 434.00 mm
Height: 1.68 in / 42.80 mm
Depth: 24.60 in / 625.00 mm
- ReadyRails™ II sliding rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for optional tool-less cable management arm.