Designed for dense, scale-out computing
Gain performance and density in a compact 1U, 2-socket rack server for HPC, web tech and scale-out infrastructure.
Performance in a density-optimized 1U, 2-socket rack serverExperience an outstanding balance of performance and density for scale-out computing. The PowerEdge R440 brings you value in a small form factor. Benefit from platform flexibility and maximize performance with dual 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 16 DIMMs and scalable storage that lets you mix SSDs and NVMe PCIe SSDs. Embedded diagnostics and SupportAssist help the R440 to deliver maximum uptime in a worry-free environment.
- Web tech
- Scale-out infrastructure
Deliver performance at scale with the PowerEdge portfolioModern compute platforms from Dell are designed to scale easily and use technologies that maximize application performance. The PowerEdge R440 rack server provides choice and flexibility that lets you optimize performance and density.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Gain storage flexibility with up to 10 x 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD with up to 4 NVMe PCIe SSDs, or 4 x 3.5" disks.
- Free up storage with boot-optimized M.2 SSDs.
Gain productivity with intelligent, embedded managementDell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protectionA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell Technologies is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Financing and leasingAcquiring the latest IT solutions shouldn’t be as complicated as running your business. With Dell Financial Services you can finance and purchase in the same place*. It’s quick, it’s easy and most important, it lets you keep the “flow” in your cash flow.
- Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 24 cores per processor
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Citrix® Hypervisor ®
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- DIMM Speed
Up to 2666 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
16 DDR4 DIMM slots
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Front Bays
Up to 10 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) with up to 4 NVMe
SSD max 76.8TB
Up to 4 x 3.5” SAS/SATA HDD, max 64TB
- Internal Controllers
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330
H840, 12Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS):
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240GB or 480GB
Internal Dual SD Module
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
Dell RACADM CLI
Dell Repository Manager
Dell System Update
Dell Server Update Utility
Dell Update Catalogs
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
iDRAC Service Module
Microsoft® System Center
RedHat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
- Bronze 450W (Cabled PSU)
Platinum 550W(Hot plug PSU with full redundancy option)
Up to six fans
- Front Ports
1 x Dedicated iDRAC direct USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x Video
1 x Dedicated iDRAC network port
1 x Serial
2 x USB 3.0
1 x Video
2 x Gen3 slots all (x16)
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- 1U Rack Server
Dimensions & Weight
- ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.