Get ready to shine.
Your big day is just around the corner. Your qualifications are a match to our needs and your well-structured and detailed resume is impressive. Now it’s time for us to meet up and discuss the position and what you can bring to the role. Through a conversation with you, we’re striving to learn if you’re a good match for the company. And that’s a little bit of everything: how you’ll fit in with your team, whether you identify with our values and where you see yourself professionally now and in the future. There’s a lot for us to talk about, and don’t forget that this is your chance to interview Dell, too.
Our competency-based philosophy
At Dell, we believe that a candidate’s recent past experience is the best indicator of future success. So, we design our interviews as a conversation, focusing on your experience and how it relates to the opportunity at Dell.
Our competency-based interview questions are designed to elicit responses from candidates, which give details about the work they have done, the way they have completed that work and the environment in which they worked.
Here’s what to expect when interviewing with Dell.
- Step 1: Telephone screening conducted by a recruiter
- The recruiter gathers basic information such as work history and salary requirements.
- Step 2: Technical/functional interview with subject-matter expert
- We ask specific competency-based interview questions here to determine an applicant’s technical/functional expertise.
- The interview is generally conducted by a subject-matter expert in the field, for example, product marketer for a product marketing role or treasury expert for a finance/treasury role.
- Step 3: On-site/team interview with leaders and peers
- Conducted in a series of one-on-one meetings or in a panel interview setting.
- At this stage, we ask competency-based questions to measure the candidate’s overall fit with the team and company.
- It is vital that a candidate be a fit for Dell’s core competencies:
- Customer first: act with the customer in mind.
- Personal effectiveness: listen, take ownership, be a role model, grow and learn.
- Engage others: provide direction, development and inspiration.
- Inclusive: think globally, value diversity, collaborate and consider the impact.
- Decided: be courageous, contribute, provide/solicit input and take action.
- Simplify: focus on what matters most, streamline workflows and strive to be effective.
- Drive strategy: know the business, look ahead and plan for the future.
- Innovate: be creative, take smart risks and continuously improve.
- Step 4: Final interview conducted by the hiring manager or director
- This also includes competency-based interview questions and ensures that all candidate questions are answered.
Ultimately, we’re always seeking out the right person for the position, and we invest time and resources in making the best choice.
Tips for your Dell interview
Even though Dell has a very structured approach to our interviews, no two interviews are the same. Nor is there a magic formula for acing the interview. There are, however, a few basic tips that can help you better communicate with your interviewer. Study up, apply your knowledge and you’ll definitely wow us.
Complete the application prior to starting the interview process
This helps us streamline the entire process. All of your current information is in one place. It simplifies things, and, as an added bonus, organizational skills are very impressive.
Double-check that all your information is complete and accurate
Misinformation can derail a promising application. So, go back to your resume and profile one more time to scan for typos and update your contact information. Always be truthful about the skills, abilities and experiences you present on your resume.
Speak clearly and audibly
We know you’re nervous, but try to relax. Speak a little louder and more slowly than normal — but not so slow that we think you’re a robot.
Make eye contact
Nothing says you’re engaged with the person in front of you more than making eye contact. It communicates respect for the speaker and is a strong display of candidate confidence. Keep it natural, though — you don’t want to stare your interviewer down.
Take a moment for composure
A few moments of silence after you’ve been asked a challenging question is more than OK. It’s expected. It shows you’re taking the time to think and compose a response that directly addresses the question.
Present concrete examples of your capabilities
Stay away from responses that require abstract explanations. Focus instead on providing concrete examples of relevant professional experiences you’ve had and the results yielded from your influence or actions.
Avoid unrelated topics
The golden rule of interviewing is to stay on track. Don’t meander with your answers. Be specific. And only bring in additional information if it’s relevant to the question and your ability to do the job.
Prepare a few questions
There is always time in each interview for the candidate to ask questions. And whether you have questions often directly indicates your level of interest in the position. So, take the time to formulate a few questions about the specific position, the company or the experience of working at Dell.
Dell Dubai offices
Office 301, 3rd floor
Behind Gloria Hotel,
Dubai Internet City, Dubai
Parking is available behind the building in the paid parking zone.
From Sheikh Zayed Road, while driving towards Abu Dhabi, take Exit 32. Turn right into the main gate of Dubai Internet City, cross the roundabout and drive straight. Take the first service lane on your right to reach the building. Parking is available behind the building in the paid parking zone.
Dell Egypt offices
Building 2401, First Floor
By car from airport
Taking the Ring road as off airport heading the smart village takes around 90 minutes.
By Smart Village Shuttle bus from Down Town TAHRIR SQ
Call Smart Village Shuttle to book a private bus.
Dell Qatar offices
Building No:29, 3rd Floor & 4th Floor
Hamad Medical City,
Near to Hamad Medical City Masjid
Hamad Medical Corporation
P.O . Box 3050
Dell Saudi Arabia offices
4th Floor, Room 405
Centria Building, Olaya Street
PO Box 9629
Riyadh – 11423
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Office: + 966 1 2885153
Fax: + 966 1 2885154
GPS: N24.697360 degrees, E46.683450 degrees