Limited Warranty for end-user
WARRANTY AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE INFORMATION
Dell Hardware Warranty - 1 year warranty from the manufacturer for the end user
Dell warrants to the end user, in accordance with the following provisions, that its Dell hardware products (“Products”), purchased by the end user directly from Dell or from an authorized distributor/reseller of Dell in Latin America (except Brazil) or the Caribbean, are free from defects in materials, workmanship and design affecting normal use for a period of one year from original purchase date. Products for which a proper claim is made shall be, at Dell's discretion (in those jurisdictions where such decision lies in Dell's power), repaired or replaced at Dell's expense. All the parts removed from the repaired products shall become the property of Dell. Dell uses parts from various manufacturers to make repairs. The parts may be new or refurbished (except when by law Dell must use new parts in the repair) and of equivalent or higher quality and technology, with respect to the original Product specifications.
This warranty does not apply to defects arising from:
• Normal wear and tear.
• Suitability of the Product for a particular purpose or use (this exclusion does not apply to products purchased in Peru).
• Third-party Products, such as software, whose warranty shall be delivered to the customer directly by the manufacturer or licensor of said products.
• Any instruction given by the customer and performed by Dell.
• Causes not attributable to defects of manufacture and/or defects of material.
• Product defects which do not cause a discrepancy between what is offered and what is delivered (this exclusion does not apply to products purchased in Peru).
• Replacement of parts, repair or attempt to repair the Product by persons not authorized by Dell.
• Lack of maintenance or service of the Product in accordance with the indications in the instruction manual.
• Accidents or negligence in use of the Product.
• Abuse or improper use of the Product or use other than normal domestic use, or not in accordance with the instruction manual.
• Bad connection of the product to other products indicated in the instruction manual or connection of the Product to any equipment other than those.
• Presence of sand, spills from liquid substances, water, burns or any foreign element inside the Product.
• Spikes or drops in voltage in the network or connection of the Product to networks whose voltage does not correspond to that listed in the instruction manual.
• Damage caused by floods, earthquakes, fire, electrical storms, impacts, and/or incorrect transport.
• Any disposable part, for example batteries, unless damage is due to a defect in the materials or workmanship.
• If any Dell serial number or service label has been eliminated or erased.
• Breakage or cracking of LED or screen.
• Force majeure or act of God, and, in general, any event that is outside the possible control of Dell, including, but not limited to damage caused by floods, earthquakes, fires, thunderstorms, shock, and / or improper transportation.
How to Make a Claim
The type of service for responding to a warranty claim may vary depending on the Product and on your choices at the time of purchase. If you are not certain about what type of warranty you have, you must contact your sales representative or authorized Dell distributor/reseller or check the state of the warranty on the Dell support web page (www.dell.com/support/home). If you acquired the Product through an authorized distributor/reseller, Dell will only provide the service when the end user has transferred ownership ("tag transfer") as part of the online registration process. However, the warranty period starts when the user receives the Product, and registration is part of the support process if the end user has not done so before contacting Dell technical support.
Steps for making a claim:
1. If the Product was acquired directly from Dell go to step #2, otherwise you must complete the registration process:
• Connect to Internet and visit the web site to register your warranty: www.dell.com/registro.
• Select the language and country where you purchased your equipment and complete the online form with the information requested.
• After completing the form click "send".
2. Connect with Dell Technical support. You may choose the contact method you prefer: e-mail, chat or phone. The contact options appear on the Dell support web page. (The support numbers for the region can be found at the end of this document; to see the up-to-date list, visit this page www.dell.com/support/home).
3. Have the following information ready for the technical support agent:
4. Depending on the warranty service that you have acquired (not all types of warranty are available in all countries and/or cities), the Dell technical support will give instructions on the case to determine if the problem is covered by the hardware warranty and if replacement of parts is required.
• Service on Authorized Service Center. The technician will inform you of the service centers that are available in your city. You must:
Note: The End User must back up data on the product hard drives and any other product storage devices prior to receiving service from Dell's technician, even if this service is performed only remotely. The End User will also be responsible for removing any confidential, proprietary, or personal information and removable media such as cards or storage devices, DVD / CDs or PC cards before sending a product to a repair center.
Contact Dell Technical Support
You have the option of using the contact method you prefer to reach Dell Technical Support, be it e-mail, chat or telephone, for any questions, complaints or clarification. Contact options appear on Dell support website, which is as follows: www.dell.com/support/home.
Legal Rights and Limitations
Dell does not offer any other warranty or make equivalent statement apart from those previously established. This warranty supersedes all other warranties, to the maximum permitted by law. In the absence of applicable laws this warranty shall be the user's sole and exclusive remedy against Dell or any of its partners, and neither Dell nor any of its partners shall be liable for loss of profits or contracts, or alleged damages, or any other indirect or consequential loss arising from negligence, breach of contract or any other event.
This warranty shall not limit or affect the binding legal rights of the end user or any other rights arising from other contracts between the end user and Dell and/or any other seller.
Dell World Trade LP
One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682, EE.UU.
Dell América Latina Corp., Sucursal Argentina
Juana Manso 1069, 4to. piso, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, C1107CBU Argentina.
Dell Computer de Chile Ltda.
Avenida El Bosque Norte Nº 211, Piso 7, Las Condes, (7550092) Santiago, Chile.
Dell Colombia Inc.
Carrera 7 No. 113-43, Oficina 1401, Bogotá, D.C., Colombia
Dell México S.A. de C.V.
Av. Javier Barros Sierra 540 Torre 1, piso 10, Colonia Lomas de Santa Fe, Álvaro Obregón, C.P. 01219, Ciudad de México, México.
Dell Perú S.A.C.
Av. Circunvalación Golf Los Incas 170, Oficinas 2401 y 2402, Torre A, Santiago de Surco (15023), Lima, Perú.
Dell Puerto Rico Corp.
PO BOX 71449, San Juan, PR.
Rev. Sept. 2021