Dell Brings CenturyLink into the Dell Cloud Partner Program, Enabling Customers Worldwide to Harness the Power of Public Cloud
- Dell teams with CenturyLink to offer customers more choice and flexibility with an enterprise public cloud offering complete with IaaS, PaaS and cloud management
- The Dell-CenturyLink alliance makes cloud computing easier, giving customers globally the confidence to implement cloud solutions to drive competitive advantage
- The combined cloud expertise of Dell and CenturyLink will help customers tap into the full potential of cloud to transform their business
Dell today announced it is expanding the Dell Cloud Partner Program to include CenturyLink and its new CenturyLink Cloud, giving customers added choice and flexibility in their cloud computing pursuits. Through the Dell-CenturyLink alliance, Dell customers globally now have access to a slate of public cloud services, including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), which can be deployed across CenturyLink’s global data center footprint. In addition, customers gain the added benefit of having Dell serve as the single-source supplier through the Dell Cloud Partner Program, providing centralized solution integration, control and direct support.
“Customers continuously tell us they need choice, flexibility and support in planning, deploying and managing cloud environments,” said Jeremy Ford, executive director and general manager, Dell Cloud Services. “Those three elements are critical to Dell’s cloud strategy and our continued expansion of the Dell Cloud Partner Program. CenturyLink’s best-in-class public cloud offerings combined with Dell’s leading end-to-end, scalable solutions and services enable customers to build, control and use cloud-based solutions to drive a competitive business advantage.”
“Companies want to take the complexity out of deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructures so they can focus on running their business,” said Suku Krishnaraj, vice president and general manager of cloud at CenturyLink’s Savvis organization. “Our partnership with Dell allows businesses to run the simplest workload to the most complex, demanding application on public cloud environments with ease and confidence to quickly and consistently achieve measurable business results.”
Through the Dell-CenturyLink alliance, Dell customers benefit from CenturyLink Cloud’s compute, storage and networking services. Each service is accessible via web services API and in a unified management interface that includes significant automation and orchestration features specifically for CenturyLink Cloud. A PaaS offering based on Cloud Foundry and Iron Foundry is also available.
To help customers capitalize on the immense business value of cloud computing, Dell also provides the following solutions and services through the Dell Cloud Partner Program:
- Expert guidance in helping assess, build, operate and run cloud environments with Dell Cloud Consulting and Application Services, whether customers are just starting in cloud, already have significant cloud investments, or are somewhere in between;
- The ability to manage single or multiple public, private and hybrid clouds through one pane of glass with Dell Cloud Manager, formerly Enstratius; and
- Direct support from a Dell salesperson to advise customers through the best purchasing, deployment and maintenance options to meet their unique needs, accounting for budget, workloads, current infrastructure, use cases, etc.
The Dell Cloud Partner Program gives customers more choice and flexibility to select the public cloud partner, platform and model appropriate for their business needs. The Program complements Dell’s cloud focus areas of enabling private cloud, delivering multi-cloud management and supplying cloud builders. Learn more about the Dell Cloud Partner Program: www.dell.com/dellcloudondemand.
Customers globally can now take advantage of CenturyLink Cloud public cloud services through the Dell Cloud Partner Program. Contact a Dell sales representative to learn more.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.savvis.com or www.centurylink.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.