Dell EMC Cloud Snapshot Manager Supplemental Terms
Dell EMC Cloud Snapshot Manager
Effective Date: December 7, 2020 | Previous versions
1. Service Offering.
1.1 This Service Offering – Dell EMC Cloud Snapshot Manager - provides protection of virtual machines, databases and storage running on designated public clouds by managing snapshots at scale. It discovers instances and enables Customers to set up policies for creation and deletion of snapshots.
1.2 The Service Offering features full-instance snapshots and recoveries, robust monitoring and reporting, with a modern UI control, and multi-cloud management from a single cloud portal. Using Cloud Snapshot Manager may provide substantial cost savings by strictly managing the number of snapshots maintained. Each Subscription Term is for Instances protected in the cloud. “Instances” are cloud virtual machines, storage volumes and containers or cloud databases that Customer operates in a cloud environment.
2. Orders, Payment and Taxes. By submitting an Order for the product containing the Service Offering, Customer confirms its obligation for the Subscription Term stated in the quote and the associated financial commitment.
2.1 Subscription Term and Renewal. Services are currently available under a 1, 3, 4, or 5-year Subscription Terms. Prior to expiration of the Subscription Term, Dell EMC will notify Customer, and Dell EMC may offer Customer a renewal subscription. If Customer fails to renew, then the termination provisions of the Terms of Service will apply.
2.2 Subscription Term Commencement. Dell EMC will provide Customer an e-mail communication with instructions to access and activate a web-based portal that will permit Customer to administer its use of the Service Offering. The Subscription Term begins on the date Dell EMC sends this e-mail to Customer.
2.3 Any terms and conditions in a Customer Order that conflict with, add to, or attempt to modify in any way this Service Description or the Terms of Service are null and void.
3. Fees and Payment. The following terms will apply unless Customer has different payment terms with the entity from whom it purchases the Service Offering.
3.1 Fees. The quote for the Service Offering may provide that Customer may choose to pay the subscription fee in a single payment or with monthly payments. Customer agrees to pay the subscription fees set forth in the applicable quote according to the payment method that Customer chooses. Customer will pay for the Service Offering in accordance with the Terms.
4. Technical Support. Technical support for Cloud Snapshot Manager includes access to online resources such as chat and web support, as well as 24/7 telephone support.
5. Privacy. For information about Dell Privacy Statements, please read the global and country-specific privacy policies at www.Dell.com/Privacy. These policies explain how Dell EMC treats Customer personal information and protects Customer privacy.
6. Security. Dell EMC is committed to secure cloud services. Customers can find more about Dell EMC’s commitment at //www.dell.com/en-us/lp/trusted-cloud.
7. Customer’s Content. Dell EMC may use Customer’s Content only to provide the Service Offering. Dell EMC may use information derived from Customer’s Content in aggregated form to assist Dell EMC in improving the Service Offering. Customer hereby grants Dell EMC a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use Customer’s Content for the above purposes without any compensation to Customer or others.
8. Service Level Objectives.
- “Downtime” means all functions of the Service Offering are unavailable for Customer. Downtime excludes Scheduled Downtime.
- “Scheduled Downtime” means downtime that occurs as part of the Service Offering's maintenance activities where Customer has been notified of the outage before it occurs.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” means total number of minutes in a calendar month minus the number of minutes of Downtime suffered in a calendar month, divided by the total number of minutes in a calendar month.
- “Service Credit” means additional number of days of the Service Offering added to the affected Accounts Information.
Monthly Uptime Percentage and Service Credit
- 99.9% - 99.0% → 5 Days Added to Subscription Term
- 98.9% - 95.0% → 10 Days Added to Subscription Term
- < 94.9% → 20 Days Added to Subscription Term
8.3 Service SLO Exclusions. The Service SLO does not apply to any performance issues: (a) caused by force majeure events; or (b) that resulted from Customer’s equipment or services, or third-party service provider actions, equipment or services.
9. Legal Terms. Use of the Service Offering is subject to the Dell Cloud Service Offerings Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”).
Dell EMC Cloud Snapshot Manager
rev. December 7, 2020 - v3.0