NEW ZEALAND RETURNS AND REFUNDS FOR CHANGE OF MIND POLICY
If you are an end user customer and wish to return a product that you have directly purchased from Dell New Zealand Limited (“Dell”), we are happy to offer an exchange or refund or credit of the purchase price paid, provided the product is returned to Dell within 15 days of the date of Dell's invoice. Note that your refund or credit may be reduced by the amount of any applicable shipping and handling fees and/or restocking fees (as further described below). If your purchase qualifies for a promotion offered by Dell that extends the return period for a specific product, the return rights and obligations included with the promotion will apply to your purchase.
Any product returned to Dell without prior authorisation from Dell will be considered an unauthorised return, and you will not receive an exchange, refund or credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you. For instructions about requesting a return, see “How to Return a Product” below.
If you are a customer that has purchased products under a written agreement with Dell, your agreement may contain different terms for the return of products than specified by this Policy. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the terms of your agreement and this Policy, your agreement will take precedence.
This Policy is in addition to any rights that you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act and other relevant legislation.
1. Exceptions to Dell's 15-Day Return Period:
- Software may not be returned at any time, unless the software being returned is:
- Application software or operating systems installed by Dell on a returnable system which is being returned within the applicable return period; or
- Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that you have not accepted by clicking to agree to applicable terms.
- Additional products not eligible for return at any time:
- Dell EMC branded products
- Dell Wise™ and Wyse branded products
- Non-Dell branded enterprise hardware and software products
- Customised products
- Unless you have specifically agreed otherwise in your written agreement with Dell, there is no right of return for software purchased under any type of volume license agreement.
- Dell reserves the right to deny any returns in circumstances involving repeated returns, violation of the Dell Terms of Sale or other impermissible activity.
2. Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, Dell may charge a restocking fee of up to 15% of the purchase price paid less shipping and handling, plus any applicable sales tax, which would be applied through a total reduced refund or credit.
3. Promotional Items: If you return a purchased item that qualified you for a discount, promotional item or promotional card (for example, buy a computer, get a promotional gift card) and either: (i) do not also return the discounted or promotional item; or (ii) have already redeemed the promotional card, Dell may deduct the value of the discount, promotional item or redeemed card from any refund or credit you receive for the return of the purchased item.
4. How to Return a Product:
- Before returning a product, you must first contact Dell customer service and obtain a Credit Return Authorisation Number (“CRA Number”) before the end of the applicable return period. Dell will not accept returns without a CRA Number. To help us deal with your return as quickly as possible, please provide us with your customer order details that are included in your Dell invoice and return the product to Dell in its original packaging within five (5) days of the date that Dell issues the CRA Number.
- Returned products must be received by Dell in as-new or as-shipped-by-Dell condition, including conformance to the specifications as set out in your invoice, and all of the manuals, diskette(s), CD(s), power cables, and other items included with a product must be returned with it. For customers who want to return, for refund or credit only, either applications software or an operating system that has been installed by Dell, the whole system must be returned, along with any media and documentation that may have been included in the original shipment.
- Before you return the product to Dell, make sure to back up any data on the hard drive(s) and on any other storage device in the product. Remove all confidential, proprietary and personal information as well as removeable media such as flash drives, CDs and PC Cards. Dell is not responsible for any confidential, proprietary or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media that may be included with your return.
- For partial returns, your refund or credit may be less than the invoice or individual component price due to bundled or promotional pricing or any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
- For commercial customers, you must ship the products at your expense, and make sure the shipment is insured, or accept the risk of any loss or damage during shipment.
- Upon receipt of your return, Dell will issue a credit or refund of the purchase price paid, which may be reduced by the amount of any applicable shipping and handling fees and/or restocking fees subject to this Policy.
Revised 14 September 2021