The Dell Technology Partner program is a multi-tier program that includes ISVs, IHVs, System Integrators and Solution Providers globally. The program helps partners use Dell platforms to build innovative and highly competitive business solutions that lowers customer costs and sustains competitive advantage.
The program has structured and streamlined processes that works in conjunction with multi-discipline business functions and Dell Solution Centers to onboard and test your company’s products on Dell platforms. This testing process helps ensure that your products have met the technical requirements to perform well on Dell platforms.
Dell offers a variety of certifications under the Technology Partner program umbrella, such as but not limited to Systems Management server and client, Storage, Networking, Business Client, AIM, Retail –Point of Sale, Auto Warranty Renewal Services, Digital Forensics, EDiscovery, Telecom Media Entertainment, Desktop Virtualization.
The program has also started the incubation process with our recently acquired companies like Clerity, Wyse, Force10, SonicWall, Compellent and Quest.
Some certifications might require integration with our API or SDK. More details can be found upon logging in to the portal.
Join today to enjoy a lasting and mutually beneficial relationship with Dell that’s focused on helping customers transform the way they deploy, utilize and experience IT.
Download the program information PDF document here.
> Dell Technology Partner Program Guide
How Do I Join?
To become a member of the Technology Partner Program, register at //www.Dell.com/Partner as a Technology Partner.
Have a question or a feedback?
We want to make it easy for you to work with Dell and derive immediate business value through the Technology Program’s multitier simplified relationship structure.
Technology Partner Program – Levels
The Technology Partner Program consists of three levels. A registration agreement defines the terms and conditions of the program and is required for membership.
Testing has been performed at the partner’s testing facility to verify that their solution meets Dell’s set requirement. Partners are responsible for the accuracy of the representations, claims and statements they make during the self-certification process. Dell will only review the partner’s self-certified solution test results.
Testing has been performed by Dell to validate the integration/interoperability of the partner’s product with Dell. This will involve installation of the partner’s solution on a test machine and verification of the requirement by a qualified Dell engineer.
- Access to the Certification framework, latest technology and resources to help deliver industry leading certified solutions to customers
- Utilize the Technology Partner portal to interact with the Dell certification team
- Become a member of Technology Partner Program by meeting the basic business requirements
- Register now by simply completing the Program Application form
- Agree to and click to accept the Dell Technology Partner Terms and Conditions
Verified Technology Partner:
- Enhance customer environments by meeting Dell defined interoperability criteria with Dell systems and solutions.
- Deliver a certified solution that is tested across server, storage, Business Client, Networking or various other Dell platforms
- Can nominate to move up to the certified tier
- All of the Benefits of Verified level
- Access to resources during all stages of the Certification lifecycle, including development, testing, and marketing.
- Upon achieving certification, avail yourself of the opportunity to build your business by including your product(s) in our multi-billion dollar annual online business.
- Opportunities may extend to technical and business engagements with our Channel Partners and Managed Services Providers as well.
- Becoming a Certified Partner of the Technology Partner Program involves technology cooperation with Dell and a mutual commitment to deliver exceptional value to both our customers.
To begin the process:
- Register with the program and become a member
- Login to the portal to access the Verified and Certified information
- Get started with certification
About the Process
Applications are reviewed for compliance with basic business requirements and either accepted or declined within approximately 5 business days from the time submitted.
If accepted into the program, Technology Partners will receive their login credentials required for access to the Dell Technology Partner portal, support resources and various other program related activities.
|Communication between Dell and the partner||Email Communication at TechnologyPartnerRegistration Request@dell.com||Business Development Manager|
|Access to partner portal containing program-related information|
|Access to experts for certification evaluation|
|Dell.com Technology Partner Newsletter|
|Sales and Marketing|
|Access to Dell Technology Partner Logo|
|Listing in “Find A Partner” global program catalog|
|Access to post-marketing collateral in Dell’s sales tools|
|Sharing revenue and margin at Partner's discretion with Dell|
|Access to Dell toolkits and guides|
|Option for loaner equipment for certification testing||If Applicable|
|Remote access to Dell labs for certification||Fee based||Fee based*|
|Downloadable test kit for testing your solutions|
|Access to engineering support via phone, email or web conference during the certification-development phase|
|Platform training as described in the portal|
|*Reviewed On a case by case basis|
|Dell Channel Partner Agreement|
1. What is this document?
1.1 This document (“Agreement”) forms a contract between Dell Corporation Limited, Dell House, The Boulevard, Cain Road Bracknell RG12 1LFVAT No. GB 635823528 and companies that trade in reselling Dell provided computer hardware, including hardware, software and associated products (including printers and consumables) (collectively “Products”) and various Hardware Support Services, Custom Factory Integration Services, Stand-Alone Services (collectively the “Services”) and Insurance Products, each as defined in 1.7 below, to other businesses and consumers, in circumstances where the Dell Products, Services and Insurance Products (collectively ‘Dell Offerings’) are resold ‘as is’ and without modification and where those other businesses or consumers will be the end users. Your focus territory will be United Kingdom (the “Territory”).
Click here to download the complete Dell Partner Direct Terms and Conditions for UK