Accessibility Statement for Dell Technologies USA
Dell Technologies is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards. The commitment of Dell to diversity and to provide the best customer experience helps us to remain competitive in the marketplace. Dell can appreciate and respond to the needs of customers impacted by disabilities since the company itself reflects a myriad of skills, experiences, backgrounds and styles — all of which promote an environment of inclusion and respect for the many different people and cultures Dell and its employees encounter every day. Dell employs people impacted by disabilities as part of our dedication to inclusion in the workplace, and we maintain a focus of providing accessibility statements on many of our products.
In Dell’s ongoing efforts to strive for accessibility, Dell is committed to the principles and goals of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Dell is striving to meet the Level AA criteria as set forth in the guideline.
Dell is currently in the process of auditing and updating our website. Should issues with accessibility arise, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dell’s Guiding Principles on Accessibility
Dell operates in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. The provision of services to persons with disabilities and others will be integrated, unless an alternate measure is necessary, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from Dell’s services. Persons with disabilities will be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from Dell’s services.
Purpose and Scope of This Policy
The purpose of this Policy is to outline the practices and procedures approved by Dell in order to meet the obligations under the Act and specifically the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Regulation. Through this Policy, Dell establishes and implements practices and procedures consistent with its goal of compliance, as well as its commitment to excellent customer service for all. Dell is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities.
Measures to Support Accessibility
Dell Technologies takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Dell Technologies USA:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Dell Technologies USA is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. However, we are committed to continuous improvement and universal access to all content.
Our training addresses accessibility principles, inspiring empathy and empowering team members to improve accessibility, and includes instruction on designing and testing for website accessibility.
Training will include:
- The purpose of WCAG and accessibility requirements.
- Dell’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Communication, sensitivity and etiquette.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Dell Technologies USA. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Dell Technologies USA:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Dell’s Contact TTY Line - Support for the deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired. 1-877-DELLTTY; Monday - Friday 7a-5p, CT
Compatibility with Browsers and Assistive Technology
Dell Technologies USA is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with NVDA screen reader
- Mozilla Firefox with NVDA screen reader
- Google Chrome with JAWS screen reader
- Microsoft Edge with JAWS screen reader
Dell Technologies USA is less compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions (Including Internet Explorer 11)
Accessibility of Dell Technologies USA relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Dell Technologies USA, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known Limitations for Dell Technologies USA:
- Images on page: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we need to review the digital asset manager. Currently in the process of reviewing all images and adding appropriate alternative text. Please report the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buttons and Form Fields: Some buttons and form fields may be missing labels because we need to revise design patterns. Currently in the process of reviewing all code patterns to add appropriate labels. Please report the issue to email@example.com.
- Third Party Application: Moxi Chat
Dell Technologies assessed the accessibility of Dell Technologies USA by the following approaches:
- External evaluation by 3rd Party Consultant
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TTY: Dell’s Contact TTY Line - Support for the deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired. 1-877- DELLTTY; Monday - Friday 7a-5p, CT
This statement was created on 3 March 2021.