Dell Introduces Lightweight, Powerful and Secure Rugged Tablet for Mission Critical Use in Demanding Environments
Date : 8/29/2017
Round Rock, Texas
- Dell’s latest fully rugged tablet is lighter, faster, and more capable than ever with improved battery life, updated processor options and storage upgrades
- Built to withstand the rigors of use in extreme environments and features comprehensive global support services with integrated security and manageability features
- Sharp, ultra-bright high-resolution FHD display makes it simple to work, night or day with responsive multi-finger touch support
Whether it’s extreme cold, heat, humidity, corrosive sand or sea water, the Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is built to withstand the most brutal environments. Backed by Dell’s global support and supply chain services, this intelligently tough tablet has been engineered to be lighter and more powerful than previous generations while providing more performance and battery life. Weighing just over 2.8 lbs. for base configurations¹ and built with the latest Intel 6th and 7th Generation Core I-series 15 watt processors, our newest offering delivers up to 19 hours of battery life with dual, hot-swappable batteries². Our customers depend on investment protection and despite all of these improvements on the inside, it is still backward compatible with docking solutions for desks and vehicles and also offers enterprise-ready security and manageability to safeguard data and sensitive information for field service, public safety and military professionals.
The new Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme tablet offers a competitive set of features available on the market and does so with IT budgets and end users in mind:
- Scalable performance with 6th and 7th generation Intel Core i-series CPUs for both Windows 7 and Windows 10 support
- Up to 16GB of memory³ – double the amount of the previous generation
- Up to 1TB of removable PCI-Express NVMe SSD storage for power users and applications that need impressive speed and storage capacity
- Sophisticated 4th generation Dell Quad-Cool passive and active thermal management system uses a sealed fan assembly that efficiently dissipates heat while preventing water and dust particles from entering the device
- Freedom from wires with backward compatible pogo docking for desk and vehicle and USB Type C connectivity with one wire docking
- Optional dedicated GPS location capabilities and optional integrated 4GLTE to keep users connected to mission critical systems on the go
- A multi-touch glove capable bright and vivid 11.6” FHD display that features a Gorilla Glass cover for unparalleled outdoor view-ability and durability
- The Dell Rugged ecosystem includes an assortment of handles and straps that have been redesigned for maximum comfort and ease of use for highly mobile users
- Dell’s new external battery charger provides on-the-go charging of up to 2 extra batteries for extended battery life on those long workdays or 24-hour shift environments
- A new kickstand that rotates a full 180 degrees for a variety of comfortable viewing angles
- Forward and backward compatibility for ecosystem and expansion, making it a future-proof investment whether as a replacement or a new purchase
The Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is available with ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist, delivering remote monitoring technology that quickly reacts to, and even gets ahead of end-user needs. ProSupport Plus is a highly responsive, proactive and predictive support experience that accelerates issue resolution, identifies potential problems before they occur and keeps systems optimized and running with peak performance.4
The Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is available globally now. Click here for more information.
- To see how we test Rugged devices, watch this video
- Watch what the UK Ministry of Defense has to say about Dell Rugged in the field
- Learn more about Dell’s Rugged solutions at Dell.com/Rugged
- Connect with Dell via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Follow the latest news from @Dell on Twitter
With award-winning desktops, laptops, 2-in-1s and thin clients, powerful workstations and rugged devices made for specialized environments, monitors, endpoint security solutions and services, Dell gives today’s workforce what they need to securely connect, produce, and collaborate from anywhere at any time. Dell, a part of Dell Technologies, services customers from consumers to organizations of all sizes across 180 countries with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative end-user portfolio.
Copyright © 2017 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, Dell Inc. and the Dell logo are trademarks of Dell Technologies in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
¹ Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
² Latitude 7212 tested with 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U, 8GB RAM, 128GB SATA SSD, 68Whr(2x34Whr) and 1920x1080 touch display, using the Mobile Mark 2014 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit www.bapco.com. Actual battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on product configuration and use, software, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time.
³ System memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
4 Dell ProSupport Plus availability and terms vary by region. Support Assist is not available on Linux, Windows RT, Windows 10S, Android, Ubuntu or Chrome based products. Predictive analysis failure detection includes hard drives, solid state drives and batteries.