Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online Visitor InformationThis Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information (“Privacy Statement”) applies to Dell Technologies, Inc. and its worldwide subsidiaries (“Dell,” “we” or “our”), but not to those Dell subsidiaries that have published their own privacy and security statements. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to the websites of our Business Partners (as defined below) or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers and from our website and other online visitors (“you” or “your”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies). Please refer to your warranty statements and Dell’s Return Policy for policies that apply to information contained on hard drives returned to Dell.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Business Partner” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information. “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and location data.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We May Share Personal Information
- How You Can Access Your Information
- Your Protection Rights
- Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and the Creation of Customized Profiles about You
- How We Secure Your Personal Information
- Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Social Media Features
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- Contacting Us
- Country Specific Privacy
Information We CollectWe may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our websites or applications;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information;
- Opt in to receive marketing and other communications from Dell;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Create and manage an account;
- Apply for a credit card or financing;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Provide a testimonial;
- Subscribe to newsletters, Dell programs, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us.
- COVID-19 status.
- Workspace location information.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Dell, information collected through one source may be combined with information Dell obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customised profiles about you. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences and for targeted advertising purposes as explained below .
Some Dell services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both Dell and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services, and may use the information according to each company's privacy statement and other agreements with you.
Information We Automatically CollectWe may automatically collect behavioral and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Dell websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
Information from Third Party SourcesWe may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: page-view information from some business partners with which we operate co-branded services or joint offerings, and credit history information from credit bureaus. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products and services to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
Dell may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, including information about product safety, your transaction status including notifications about products in your cart and order confirmations, specific Dell programs in which you have chosen to participate, products, solutions and services available from Dell, events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website, online Dell chat forums, including Dell newsgroups and blogs;
- Offer Live Chat assistance to respond to your online inquiries;
- Facilitate communications from Dell Business Partners;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site
- Personalize content and implement your preferences
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
- Help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections at Dell’s premises.
- Book desk reservations at Dell’s premises.
COVID-19 Screening Tool And Thermal Vision CameraIn order to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections and keep our communities safe, all Dell employees, contingent workers, and visitors must complete a daily health survey and pass a thermal body temperature screening in order to gain access to Dell premises. The thermal vision camera measures your body temperature on an anonymous basis and Dell does not retain your body temperature. If your body temperature is equal to or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be denied entry and/or asked to leave Dell premises.
The health survey screening tool, available via an app or web portal, collects your name, email address, and certain health data you voluntarily provide. This information will be retained on your device and not shared with Dell unless you self-report that you are COVID-19 positive. In that case, the tool will notify Dell Environment, Health, and Safety (“EHS”) team, and your email address will be retained for up to 30 days (subject to local laws) so EHS may contact you as it takes appropriate action to protect the health and safety of individuals at Dell physical locations. Your COVID-19 positive status will be shared with Dell EHS team and applicable public health authorities (as required by law). Your status will also be shared on an anonymous basis with potentially infected individuals for contact tracing purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing
- To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your shipment details to make delivery where you have bought a product from us or using your personal details where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote). We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
- For compliance with Dell’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Dell’s (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Data
In addition, Dell may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sales agents and channel partners, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for Dell products and services.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if Dell (or a part of Dell) is sold or merges with another company; or if Dell reasonably believes it is necessary to protect Dell, its customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
How You Can Access Your Information
Dell wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or edit your Personal Information that has been stored online in your Dell account, please visit the My Account or Premier Account sections of the Dell.com website. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your login ID and password.
- Access : you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification : you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection : you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction : you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to email@example.com or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and the Creation of Customized Profiles about YouYou may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Dell by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The My Account and Premier Account sections on Dell.com allow you to choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from Dell, and to subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters about our products and services;
- You can visit our List Removal Page to manage your marketing preferences or submit a request to be removed from our advertising and marketing lists (catalogs, telephone, faxes and email); and
- When you save a cart while shopping online, you can choose to receive email reminders;
Any marketing by Dell, or any third parties on behalf of Dell, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
Dell takes children's privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through our websites. If you are a child as understood by laws of your country, please do not submit any Personal Information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer's hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Dell's essential features, including allowing you to save a Shopping Cart and remembering items in your Shopping Cart between visits. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Dell websites and services that depend on cookies.
Learn more about targeted advertising and how to opt out.
Targeted Email Marketing by DellSome marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to Dell.com and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and purchase on Dell.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking TechnologyDell or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others' email messages. Similarly, third parties whose content or advertisements appear at Dell.com, or whose email messages Dell.com sends to our users, may also place web beacons in their advertisements or email messages for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of the content, advertisements or email messages.
A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email message. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising in various ways. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our website from a particular advertisement or who make a purchase from our website after viewing a particular advertisement or they may tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons may also measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, we may combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other Personal Information we have collected from you.
We may allow some of our Business Partners to compile individual or aggregated statistics from the use of web beacons on Dell.com by Dell, its agents or others, to determine the effectiveness of online marketing and to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's site. Aggregate information may include demographic and usage information. No Personal Information about you is shared with Business Partners for this research.
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalize your experience on Dell.com and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Representative Office of Dell Global B.V. in Ho Chi Minh City
Attention: Local Legal Counsel
Unit No. 2B, 6th Floor, Kumho Asiana Plaza Saigon
39 Le Duan Street
Ho Chi Minh City