More capacity and performance
Increase capacity and improve performance with an ultra-dense array for midsized deployments.
- Operating systems and hypervisors:
Microsoft® Windows Server®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
- Can be combined with other PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total arrays per group. Additionally, PS and SC Series offer common management and cross-platform replication capabilities between arrays, providing PS Series customers the flexibility to add SC Series arrays to their environment, if and when they choose
- TCP Network Support:
IPv4, IPv6 compliant. USGv6 certified.
One 100BASE-TX dedicated management per controller
Two 10GBASE-T with RJ45 and two 10GbE SFP+ for fibre or twin-ax copper cabling
5U / 22.23cm (8.8in)
130.7kg (287.5lb) (max config)
Data Protection, Disaster Recovery, Security
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support Common Criteria Certification with FW 7.1.1
- Dual controllers with 32GB non-volatile memory per controller
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range:
10 to 35°C / 50 to 95°F
-40 to 65°C / -40 to 149°F
maximum altitude of 12,000m (39,370ft)
0 to 3,048m (0 to 10,000ft)
NOTE: Up to 35°C / 95°F maximum temperature is reduced by 1°C/300m (1°F/547ft) above 950m (3,117ft)
Operating relative humidity:
10% to 80% (noncondensing) with 29°C (84.2°F) maximum dew point
Non-operating relative humidity:
5% to 95% (noncondensing) with 33°C (91°F) maximum dew point
5g 10ms ½ sine operational – done for XYZ axis
20g 10ms ½ sine, for X and Y axis
30g 10ms ½ sine for Z axis only
Random 21grms @ 5-500Hz operational / Random 1.04grms 2-200Hz non-operational
Airborne contaminant level of G2 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
- Dual 2800W, 200-240VAC, 50/60Hz (high AC line power source only)
- Dell Storage Manager (DSM): Allows you to perform day-to-day tasks across SC and PS Series arrays from a single management interface
PS Series Group Manager
SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
Maximum Usable Capacity
- Drive Capacities:
2TB, 4TB, 6TB NL-SAS drives
600GB, 900GB, 1.2TB SAS drives
400GB, 800GB SSD and 2TB, 4TB NL-SAS drives
Up to 504TB
Up to 100.8TB
Up to 291.2TB
- Unified storage:
Adding an FS7600 or FS7610 NAS appliance to PS Series group enables both block and file storage from a single storage solution.
- Hard Disk Drives:
42 x 2TB, 4TB, or 6TB or 84 x 4TB or 6TB hot-pluggable 3.5” 7.2K RPM NL-SAS drives
84 x 600GB, or 42 or 84 x 900GB or 1.2TB hot-pluggable 2.5” 10K RPM SAS drives
14 hot-pluggable 2.5” SSDs and
70 hot-pluggable 3.5” 7.2K RPM NL-SAS drives
Self Encrypting Drives (SED):
4TB NL-SAS SEDs in the 84 drive configuration
1.2TB SAS SEDs in the 84 drive configuration
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
- PS6610E, PS6610X:
RAID 6, RAID 10
RAID 6 Accelerated
- SAN Headquarters alerting including Dell SupportAssist, SNMP traps, email, syslog
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Volume connections per PS series group:
Up to 1024 per pool / 4,096 per group
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
- Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support are recommended to provide you the right support services for your PS Series solution. Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
High-performing, ultra-dense arraysThe Dell Storage PS6610 arrays combine next-generation powerful controllers and an updated dense storage architecture to meet large data repository requirements. PS and SC Series latest software releases offer common management and cross-platform replication, allowing you to leverage existing investments while taking advantage of new functionality.
The PS6610 can scale out to over 8PB in a group of 16 arrays with improved density, memory and performance than the previous generation.
- Cooperation with host operating systems, hypervisors and applications
- Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® product integration
- Storage resource automation, case creation and tracking through SAN HQ management software and Dell Support Assist
- Support for block and file data along with Dell FS Series NAS through a single intuitive interface
- Compression of snapshots and replicas up to 50 percent to optimize disk space
Flexible, high-capacity options
Dell Storage PS6610 Series arrays include three different models that provide high capacity and space savings in your data center with the simplicity and reliability of the Dell Storage PS Series product line. Bring speed and efficiency to your applications with:
- Dual controllers, each with 32GB non-volatile cache
- Two 10GBASE-T RJ45 auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb/100Mb) ports including auto-negotiation from 1Gb to 10Gb
- Two 10GbE SFP+ ports for fibre or copper cabling
- Up to 42 or 84 hot-pluggable drives, including SAS, NL-SAS, SSD and SED
- Model options for 2.5" drives and 3.5" drives
- Up to 504TB capacity per array
Enhance the value of your data center
Enterprise power with everyday simplicityDell Storage PS Series software helps you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. PS Series array, host and management software are included in your storage array purchase — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution. PS Series software virtualizes and simplifies your environment to help protect business-critical data, optimize storage performance and streamline operations. Additionally, the latest SC and PS Series software releases offer common management and cross-platform replication capabilities between SC and PS Series storage arrays, allowing you to take advantage of new functionality while leveraging existing investments.
Simplified management and data protection deliver lasting valueDell Storage PS Series Array Software, including PS Series Firmware, Group Manager and the Manual Transfer Utility, delivers advanced Storage Area Network (SAN) functions that automatically virtualize and optimize storage resources while providing advanced data protection and SAN management. Integrated across the entire family of PS Series arrays, the PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that automatically adjusts system resources. In addition, Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the firmware upgrade process.
Advanced cross-platform capabilities and streamlined managementIf you are adding an SC Series array to your environment, Dell Storage Manager (DSM) provides a common management tool for PS and SC Series day-to-day activities. You can also initiate volume replication between PS and SC Series with DSM, and easily configure and monitor replication task. To simplify migration, you can import data from PS to SC Series using the Thin Import feature.*
Data center automation with integration and monitoring toolsThis family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell Storage PS Series Host Integration Tools (HIT) for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
Dell Storage PS Series SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth performance and capacity information and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with SupportAssist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.
Performance and density without compromisePowered by 8.0 firmware, the PS6610 family of dense arrays is ideal for customers with large data repository requirements.
Hybrid array that optimizes SSD speed and HDD capacity within one array to support mission-critical workloads such as warehousing and online transactional databases.
- Automated data tiering within an array placing hot data on SSDs
- 14 400GB or 800GB hot-pluggable 2.5” SSDs and 70 hot-pluggable 3.5” 7.2K RPM NL-SAS 2TB or 4TB HDDs
- Up to 291.2TB system capacity with 10GbE connectivity Dual controllers with 64GB non-volatile memory (32GB per controller)
PS6610E ArrayAffordable high capacity configurations for data-intensive workloads such as Archival/Secondary storage and Video Surveillance.
- 42 hot-pluggable 3.5" 7.2K RPM NL-SAS HDD (2TB, 4TB, or 6TB)
- 84 hot-pluggable 3.5" 7.2K RPM NL-SAS HDD (4TB or 6TB)
- 84 hot-pluggable 3.5" 7.2K RPM NL-SAS SED (4TB SED)
- Up to 504TB system capacity with 10GbE connectivity
- Dual controllers with 64GB non-volatile memory (32GB per controller)
PS6610X ArrayBalances cost, performance and capacity for consolidating mixed workloads such as Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint.
- 84 hot-pluggable 2.5" 10K RPM SAS HDD (600GB)
- 42 or 84 hot-pluggable 2.5" 10K RPM SAS HDD (900GB, 1.2TB)
- 84 hot-pluggable 2.5" 10K RPM SAS SED (1.2TB)
- Up to 100.8TB system capacity with 10GbE connectivity
- Dual controllers with 64GB non-volatile memory (32GB per controller)