Accidental Damage Protection for PCs
Coverage for everyday accidents and high-risk situations
This program picks up where your standard warranty leaves off. In the event that one of your covered devices is accidentally damaged, you simply contact us directly. After we identify the cause and extent of damage, we provide the repair services needed to get your equipment back in working order. If necessary, we can also provide certified data destruction and disk disposal services to help you meet compliance requirements.
You’ll have peace of mind knowing you can easily repair or replace laptops used by your mobile employees, even when they’re traveling1 or working off-site. That makes it an ideal option for systems that are routinely exposed to high-risk conditions, including devices like thin clients and those used in medical, retail, classroom, police and military settings.
- Value – reduce out-of-pocket expenses for unexpected repairs
- Productivity – get users back to business quickly and efficiently
- International coverage1 – technical support is available if accidental damage occurs while traveling
What You Get
- Liquid spilled on or in unit
- Drops, falls, and other collisions
- Electrical surges
- Damaged or broken LCD due to a drop or fall
What’s not covered:
- Damage due to fire
- Intentional damage (such as hammer marks)
- Normal wear
- Cosmetic damage
- Consumable parts (ex: bulbs, toner)
Learn more about Accidental Damage Protection
Avoid Accidental Damage on your Dell Computer
Laptops are made to be tough and portable, but not indestructible. Use these common sense tips on protecting your laptop from accidental damage.
Stay on top of things – even when accidents happen.
This datasheet provides more info on the benefits of Accidental Damage, what’s covered and what’s not covered.
- Claims outside the country in which the contract is purchased are limited to a reasonable effort basis and may not be available to all customers. In addition, out of country support will not include whole unit replacements.
- Dell Accidental Damage Protection is only available during the term for Dell’s limited hardware warranty and excludes theft, loss, and damage due to fire, flood or other acts of nature, or intentional damage. Customer may be required to return unit to Dell. Limit of 1 qualified incident per contract year. For complete details, visit Dell.com/servicecontracts
- General footnote: Availability varies by country. To learn more, customers and Dell Channel Partners should contact their Dell sales representative for more information.