Enhance performance, boost consolidation
Accelerate application performance, consolidation and time-to-value for data center or office workloads with manageable, high-density blades.
Dell EMC PowerEdge M830 Blade Server
- Subtotal $24581.00
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v4 product family
Processor Sockets: 4
2 x Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI); 6.4 GT/s; 8.0 GT/s; 9.6 GT/s
2.5MB per core; core options: 6, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
VMware vSphere® ESXi
- Intel C610 series chipset
- Up to 3TB (48 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400 MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware vSphere® ESXi™ using redundant internal SD cards dedicated for hypervisor
- Hot-plug hard drive options: PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD, SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD
- 12 x 1.8” SSD, 4 x 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD, 2 x 2.5” PCIe SSD and 2 x 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD
I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
- PERC S130 (SW RAID), PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P
- Two Dell Select Network Adapters using:
Broadcom 5720 1Gb Quad Port KR Blade Network Daughter Card
QLogic 57840S 10Gb Quad Port KR Blade Network Daughter Card
QLogic 57810S-k Dual port 10Gb KR Blade Network Daughter Card
Emulex OneConnect OCm14102-U4-D, Dual Port 10GbE, KR CNA Network Daughter Card
Emulex dual-port 10GB KR Blade Network Daughter Card
Intel i350 Quad Port 1 Gigabit, KR Blade Network Daughter Card
Intel x520-k dual-port 10Gb KR Blade Network Daughter Card
- Chassis level – PowerEdge M1000e 2700W Platinum and 3000W Titanium PSU options
- Video type Matrox® G200 (integrated with iDRAC8)
Video memory: 16MB shared with iDRAC8 application memory
- Form factor: Full-height blade with up to 8 nodes in a M1000e chassis; up to 2 nodes in VRTX converged infrastructure
Blade Server Dimensions:
Height: 15.2 inch (197.92 mm)
Width: 2 inch (50.35 mm)
Depth: 19.2 inch (564.9 mm)
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Remote management iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8GB vFlash media (upgrade), 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft® System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
Enhance IT workload performanceUp to 88 Intel® processor cores and 48 DIMMS of DDR4 memory offer tremendous computational horsepower for heavy-use workloads in exceptionally demanding database, technical computing and virtualized environments.
- Power through compute-intensive workloads with 83 percent more processing cores per socket than previous-generation Intel processors.
- Get results faster from memory-intensive workloads with DDR4 DIMMs offering 28 percent higher MT/s than DDR3.
- Feed your IO-intensive workloads with up to 240Mbits of throughput using 24 x 10GbE ports connected to three redundant, low-latency fabrics.
- Accelerate data-intensive workloads, such as OLAP and other business intelligence applications, using 12 in-chassis SSDs, with expansion options of up to 25 2.5” HDDs or 72TBs with 3.5” HDDs.
Expedite time to valueReduce configuration, maintenance, imaging and deployment time and costs by standardizing on a single 4-socket E5-4600v4 platform in existing VRTX or M1000e blade server chassis for remote offices and data centers.
- Protect software-defined compute, storage and networking with Dell EMC Fault Resilient Memory and redundant embedded hypervisor.
- Automate operations with agent-free, 1-to-many systems management tools that pre-provision LAN and SAN resources and assist with BIOS, firmware and driver updates.
- Enable zero-touch discovery and configuration with template-based provisioning.
- Reduce infrastructure sprawl by consolidating management modules, switches, power and network cabling, disk enclosures, and feature-dense 4S servers into a single chassis.
- Save floor space, power and cooling costs, and licensing fees by using core-dense M830s to create a software-defined environment from legacy infrastructure.
- Utilize vast local SSD and memory resources to develop software-defined standalone edge networking and DAS storage with VMware VSAN and Virtual Distributed Switch technologies.
Simplify and automate management
Enable the future-ready data centerWith exceptional flexibility, reliability and efficiency, our latest-generation blade servers are ready to run business-critical applications in data centers yet to come.
- Exceptional reliability: Shared server chassis feature hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and servers include redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership with efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations.