Industry-leading 16 Gbps Fibre Channel connectivity
Add 16 Gbps Fibre Channel connectivity across servers, storage and SAN as needed, without increasing your data center footprint.
Blazing fast, scalable Fibre Channel connectivityOpen the door to blazing-fast 16 Gbps Fibre Channel bandwidth end-to-end across servers, storage and SAN networking with the Brocade M6505 Fibre Channel Blade.
- Enable flatter, faster and simpler fabrics with fewer cables, increasing consolidation while reducing network complexity and costs.
- Manage explosive physical and virtual server growth with pay-as-you-grow scalability. Buy only what you need now and add more blade switches down the road.
- Meet the uncompromising I/O demands of enterprise-class storage.
- Maximize performance and protect your SAN and server investments with flexible 16/8/4 Gbps speed options and scalable growth.
- Protect your SAN and Server investments with flexible speed options and scalable growth.
- Help ensure uptime with up to four switches per chassis for complete redundancy.
Simplified, flexible deployment
Deploy the M6505 as a Brocade Access Gateway or as a full-fabric switch.
- Access Gateway mode utilizes N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) switch standards to present physical and virtual servers directly to the core of SAN fabrics. This makes the Access Gateway transparent to the SAN fabric, greatly reducing management of the network edge. The Brocade M6505 in Access Gateway mode can connect servers to NPIV-enabled Brocade B-Series, Brocade M-Series and other SAN fabrics.
- Dynamic Ports on Demand (POD) provides a flexible mechanism for allocating port licenses that you can purchase to extend the base functionality of your Brocade switches. These additional ports are enabled after you install the appropriate license keys. The Dynamic POD feature assigns port licenses based on your connectivity choices. Any port on the switch can claim a free assignment from the pool of available POD licenses.
Easy integration and controlThe Brocade M6505 is ideal for today’s space constrained data centers that demand greater density and streamlined control.
- Zero-footprint design: The Brocade M6505 features a hot-pluggable blade design that integrates into your existing chassis without taking up additional space or requiring the cooling, power and cabling requirements of traditional external switches.
- Consolidated I/O: Integrate I/O from all blade servers in up to eight shared switch ports.
- Easy control: A centralized user interface allows you to manage disparate fabrics with a simple point and click.
- Fast troubleshooting: Diagnostic ports (D ports) allow you to quickly identify and isolate optics and cable problems.
Navigate network complexity with Dell EMC Services
Dell EMC network consultants provide expert guidance to help you optimize and transform the network environment for the demands of today’s multi-cloud infrastructures. Our deep infrastructure and application expertise combined with sophisticated network analysis toolsets address a wide range of network technology and process challenges.
Leverage the Dell EMC ProDeploy Enterprise Suite to get your network installed and configured. Our experts can free your IT staff to focus on your core business, minimize downtime and give you the confidence that the job will be done right, the first time.
Gain access to ProSupport technical experts who can assist with your most complex networking challenges. The Dell EMC ProSupport Enterprise Suite provides networking support around the clock and around the globe, helping your team maintain a high level of productivity.
Dell EMC offers flexible training programs so your staff can build the right skills to successfully manage and utilize your network to its full potential. Through our personalized approach, your staff gets the exact training they need to improve productivity and adoption, decrease downtime, and reduce end-user support calls.
- 272.75 x 272.75 x 307.24 mm (10.74 x 10.74 x 12.09 in.)
- Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds
- DC input:
12V and 3.3V FOM chassis
30W to 40W
- HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB), SSH; Auditing, Syslog; Brocade Advanced Web Tools, Advanced Performance Monitoring, Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade Network Advisor SAN Enterprise or Brocade Network Advisor SAN Professional/Professional Plus; Command Line Interface (CLI); SMI-S compliant; Administrative Domains; trial licenses for add-on capabilities
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating temperature:
0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF)
-20ºC to 70ºC (-4ºF to 158ºF)
Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Up to 10.668 km (35,000 ft)
Operating relative humidity:
10% to 90% noncondensing
Nonoperating relative humidity:
5% to 95% noncondensing