This article provides information on how to create a RAID 1 configuration within Windows using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology utility software.
Systems that include the onboard Intel Rapid Storage Technology and two hard drives will support a RAID 1 configuration. It is recommended the two hard drives share the same size and performance ratings to fully utilize drive space for the RAID volume. The RAID 1 setup will support drives of different sizes but the size of the RAID volume will revert to the smaller of the two hard drives in a mismatched configuration.
You can use the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software utility to create a RAID 1 configuration within Windows by following the steps below.
1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, and choose Create from the list of options at the top:
2. Under Select Volume Type, choose RAID 1 and click Next:
3. On the Configure Volume settings, input the name you wish to give the RAID volume. Make sure both disks are selected and choose which drive will be keeping the data:
4. On the Confirm Volume Creation screen select Create Volume:
5. A message box will appear to show the volume has been created. Click OK:
6. The Status screen then appears, showing the RAID volume and the status of the data migration. Once the data migration process ends, the RAID 1 volume will be completed:
Article ID: SLN288974
Last Date Modified: 09/19/2017 09:09 AM
Thank you for your feedback.